Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Nikon Might End Independent Repairs

Widgic
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Nikon Might End Independent Repairs

I don't know about you, but I've had mixed results with Nikon services, some excellent, some just plain horrible.

But if the rumor below is true, what concerns me the most is whether Nikon will be able to absorb all of the service work that the independent repair shops currently do and still provide quality and timely service.

If you are member of NPS and make a living from your Nikon equipment, you might want to contact Nikon and get assurances from them that this will not impact you.

Anyways, there is an online petition here

Link to original story from F-Stoppers here and the full text of the story below.

As many of you might know, Nikon has announced that it will stop selling replacement parts to independent repair shops. This will ultimately reduce the quality and speed of your service — period. Nikonrumors has done a service by helping to publicize a petition started by Matt Fuerher. Read the succinct petition letter below or when you help sign the petition at Change.org.

Personally, I love my guy in LA. He’s awesome. He has the smallest little shop in Hollywood, and I don’t know how he does it, but he’s extremely reasonable. And despite the fact that I’m a ‘kid,’ he always
...Show more

Feb 07, 2012 at 04:36 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password