Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Will my camera still work?

campyone
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Will my camera still work?

Lots of funny stuff in this thread. But lets face it, aren't those of us who mostly photograph things that don't move secretly wishing that Canon had made this camera? I know I am. The 1Dx is for me totally underwhelming, I'd much rather have seen this camera made as the successor to the 5DII or with pro upgrades as the successor to the 1DsIII.

Feb 07, 2012 at 04:45 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Will my camera still work?

vuilang wrote:
NO, Your Old camera and Lenses are gonna die... You need to buy the newest to be able to keep taking photo.. FRED used the 24-70II..

How did you figure out the pictures were 2.7% sharper?

campyone wrote:
Lots of funny stuff in this thread. But lets face it, aren't those of us who mostly photograph things that don't move secretly wishing that Canon had made this camera? I know I am. The 1Dx is for me totally underwhelming, I'd much rather have seen this camera made as the successor to the 5DII or with pro upgrades as the successor to the 1DsIII.

At this point, nobody really knows what the 5DII's replacement will be. We could still get surprised.

Feb 07, 2012 at 05:20 PM
Chad S
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Will my camera still work?

Fred Miranda wroteWe could still get surprised.

Or disappointed....

Feb 07, 2012 at 06:39 PM
Jim Victory
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Will my camera still work?

coranda wrote:
So, I'm still going to able to take pictures with my old gear right? It's not going to all die of shame and disintegrate is it?

No! Yes!

Unless you buy the new D800 then you should be OK. In fact everyone who shoots Canon is switching to Nikon so you better get started selling your stuff if you don't want to get trampled in the stampede.

Jim

Feb 07, 2012 at 06:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

RobDickinson
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Will my camera still work?

cputeq wrote:
I'll be extremely curious to compare 645D studio shots to the D800 shots. I really like their fabric/crayon/thread setup, and the 645D was exhibiting amazing detail in the cloth that no other camera (that they've tested) has shown.

It'll be interesting to see if the D800 gets close, and especially how the D800E does considering all the fabric in the shot.

I've compared a few 645D and S2 shots I have to the D800 samples and there isnt much difference at all.

Feb 07, 2012 at 07:30 PM
Tenn.Jer
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Will my camera still work?

My Canon things still work fine, I still have no regrets about packing away my Nikon film gear and buying digital EOS, and I'll keep my "big whites", my magic drainpipe, and my primitive 5DII, and keep making photographs and taking pictures through the next dozen Nikon iterations...my reasons for shooting with Canon glass are as valid as they ever were, and someday I hope to use it all to its capabilities, only hampered by my primitive skills...

Y'all get on outside now, and take your camera with you...Like Yakim says, "Happy shooting"...

Jerry

Feb 07, 2012 at 08:04 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Will my camera still work?

RobDickinson wrote:
I've compared a few 645D and S2 shots I have to the D800 samples and there isnt much difference at all.

Can you post some crops? Are you comparing the D800 or D800E samples?

Feb 07, 2012 at 09:43 PM
slee915
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Will my camera still work?

I just hope Canon release a light-weight 7D-type FF camera.

~16MP, pro-AF, more spread-out AF points (no need to be more than 20), 1/2 the 5D shutter-lag timing, and I'll be happy for a long time.

Feb 07, 2012 at 10:20 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password