Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · skyline

lowpine

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · skyline

Hi,

I'm new to FM forums and wanted to get some feedback. I'm also new to raw and PP, but I've taken a crack at it. I'm using SilkyPix. I think the forground is to dark, but I'm not sure how to correct that with the tool.

thanks,
Steve

edit, for some reason it's not full size...... ideas?

Edited on Feb 05, 2012 at 07:27 PM · View previous versions

Feb 04, 2012 at 11:48 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · skyline

Steve,
Its a very nice shot. I am not familiar with your processing program, so I cant offer specific advice.
I did play with it a bit in LR. I used a bit of shadow recovery and some selective dodging to lighten the trees on the bottom and some of the shadow areas under the bridge. A bit of clarity, very minor sharpness adjustment, some clockwise rotation and distortion correction by eye.

Scott

Feb 05, 2012 at 02:19 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · skyline

And a belated welcome on board!

Scott

Feb 05, 2012 at 02:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

lowpine

p.1 #4 · skyline

thanks Scott. I've been lurking a short while, I've seen a lot of helpful advice and your's is appreciated.

I'll try posting so that the full size is available, along with the original. Is it possible to post the raw files? If not, perhaps saving the out of camera raw as jpg.

steve

Feb 05, 2012 at 03:11 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · skyline

You might be able to link to a RAW file, which would be great. Or offer it as a PM.

Feb 05, 2012 at 04:57 PM
lowpine

p.1 #6 · skyline

OK, I couldn't seem to upload the raw file, but did find a hosting site. I'm no crazy about the file host, it's littered with links to download thier pdf converter.... just look for the red 'slow download' icon...
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c24a394/n/P1010532.RW2

steve

Feb 05, 2012 at 10:33 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password