Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · 3D coming?

jamesf99
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · 3D coming?

alundeb wrote:
Be prepared for a price jump with the announcement of the successor of the 5DII.

Agreed....From my original post....

"They can improve a number of things that people have been complaining about for years, but they can still get away with charging a huge premium for it by just renaming it the 3D."

and...

"The pricing problem Canon has is the precedence they've established with two prior releases of a 5 series, so I think if Canon does release a 3 series (with optional grip), they will take the opportunity to increase the price to the $4k-$5k level. This strategy makes sense, especially when you see what other vendors are doing (Canon's value proposition has deceased significantly) and in light of the high-priced 1Dx."

I fully expect a huge price increase in whatever they call it. Canon is not here to provide us with great equipment at "reasonable" prices. they are here to sell us what they want to sell us at the maximum amount they can charge. What that is depends on market conditions/forces, but in no case do they want to give us something exceptional/great for a small sum.

Canon will most likely build in the 30% they've lost in currency exchange rates, and also an additional buffer (e.g, a base of $3-$3.5k + 30% + buffer (?) = approximately $4000 to $5,000 USP (US Pesos). A 3d/[whatever] at that level, buoyed by a 5d2 (or similar) at $2k, and topped by a 1Dx at $6800 gives them a spread.

Feb 05, 2012 at 03:34 PM
Jeff
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · 3D coming?

I think it's going to be:

7D MkII = $2k
5D MkIII = $3k
3D = $4k
1D MkIV = $5+k
1Dx = $6+k

Of course, I honestly still don't believe that my 3D is in the works yet:

Feb 06, 2012 at 04:58 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · 3D coming?

Jeff wrote:

7D MkII = $2k
5D MkIII = $3k
3D = $4k
1D MkIV = $5+k
1Dx = $6+k

They aren't going to have there differences 1000 a part...what, you think Canon's price moves in 1/3 stops?

Feb 06, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Jeff
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · 3D coming?

That's the way my camera is set.

Feb 06, 2012 at 01:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

troy12n
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · 3D coming?

Give us a 5d2 that focuses properly with less shutter lag and more FPS and less banding and call it whatever you want, 5d3, 3d, 1232334d I dont care, I will be happy.

Feb 06, 2012 at 10:20 PM
troy12n
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · 3D coming?

Jeff wrote:

7D MkII = $2k
5D MkIII = $3k
3D = $4k
1D MkIV = $5+k
1Dx = $6+k

3k is gonna be a tough sell for a 5d model unless they seriously address some of our chief complaints (focus issues, speed, banding), 2k is pushing it for a 7d model.

Feb 06, 2012 at 10:22 PM
safcraft
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · 3D coming?

Unless a big improvement in sensor tech (more mpx and less noise) the current 7D is pretty up to date.

Feb 06, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password