Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2012 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations ...

Thomas73

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

If you understand French, here is an official article about the coming D800 :

http://www.chassimages.com/forum/index.php/topic,146552.0.html

36 MP / two versions : with & without AA filter!!

Will be released Feb 7th.

Feb 03, 2012 at 08:11 PM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

Here is the translation

NIKON D800: Here are finally the REAL NEWS!
«On: Today at 3:31:03 p.m."

• FOCUS in DRAFTING - For months, rumors on the future supply the Nikon forums. In October, we announced the features of the device ... which was delayed because of the disaster in Thailand. No longer able to read the worst mistakes on this unit, here is the development of Chasseur d'Images.

• Rumor

She has taken all possible forms. Fake photos, real photos, and various quibbles about this next time. Some imagine a D3200 (which would not be silly), other one D8100, D7000 sort of provided the new Sony 24 Mpix sensor (not silly either), but the rumor is entirely focused on a D800 whose main characteristic is its sensor 24 x 36 36 million pixels.

• The facts

Nikon has invited the press, in all countries of the world, for a formal presentation Tuesday, Feb. 7 (in France: from 11h to 13h). But ... Nikon refused until now to disclose any information and we were opposite end to receive a firm, unequivocal and definitive: Failed to get any information before its time!
Nikon, true to his bad habits, reserves the prime of his information and considers journalists as puppets, just good to come and sit to listen, at 11 am, that Nikon has already posted on its sites early in the morning. Disrespectful attitude, pathetic and totally against-productive!

• The truth

The device presented on February 7 will be neither a D3200 or a D4100 or a D8100 ... but rather a D800.
Its characteristics will be STRICTLY consistent with those we announced in October last and the excellent Nikon Rumors site and refines diffuse since last summer. So, no secrets.
Only surprise: there will not ONE but TWO different Nikon D800 (we'll come back) ... replacing the D700 OFFICIALLY whose price has been lowered from 300 euros this week to clear the few copies still in stock.

-----------

• REAL technical characteristics of the D800

The D800 replaces the D700 by a case based on a chassis-cast magnesium shell, filled with many joints and protections antiruissellement. Nikon has managed to reduce the D800 one hundred grams compared to its predecessor: a feat in this category!

Sensor-
It uses a new sensor 24 x 36 to 36 Mpix, apparently original and based on Sony Exmor technology, guarantees low noise and wide dynamic range (features "per pixel" should be very close to those of APS-C version of Nex7 24 Mpix).
The sensitivity range is from 100 to 6400 ISO (ISO 50 to 24,800 L and H). We can expect an image completely free of grain in ISO 1600 A2 (performance APS-C 24 Mpix on a larger format allowed by the definition record).

- Video
This sensor delivers the Full HD 1024p at 30, 25 and 24 i / s. There is a headphone jack and control PCM recorder. HDMI output provides an uncompressed video stream, such as the D4. D4 as always, it allows the setting of f-stops during filming. And of course the contrast detect AF tracks a face if necessary. D4 offers 3 sizes of cropping, the D800 only 2.

- Going, AF ...
The D800 has a 100% viewfinder, expected correction in the viewfinder of the D700, measured at only 93%. It incorporates the EXPEED processor 3 and the new modules and AF metering D4, which means collaboration between scene recognition and face and Dynamic AF, metering of 91,000 RGB dots, AF 51 AF points sensitive to IL-2 and features 11 tracks operating at f / 8 (Central Beach is a cross up to f / 8). Its TFT screen is the classic 8.1 inches diagonally and 920,000 points.

- Other features
The rate is 4 i / s 14-bit (lossless compressed RAW), and 6 f / s max with the handle-booster.
The recording is on CF and SD card. It offers compatibility with the WiFi module WT-4 (but not with the new module WT D4-5) and an interface USB3.
There will be a very special version of "high resolution" with no anti-aliasing filter, whose cost will be higher by about 10% (related to small series). We do not know if this version will be present along the D800 normal or if it will be provided only on request, via specific network.

• And the PRICE?

3000, 4000, $ 5,000 ... and here we go, what more? We really read everything on the Forums.
While Nikon-France has refused us any information whatsoever (even the name of the device has not been confirmed!), We can say that the price of D800 will be in France, less than 3000 €. Do not ask us if this is the introductory price or the price of the street ... this is about the price, period.

As for the second version of the D800, strictly identical to the "normal" version, but with no low pass filter, it will be offered at a higher rate of 200 to 300 euros.

• WHEN WILL IT SELL?

Logically ... very quickly. The first examples should appear in the windows in the first half of March. After, they will be rare, as is the case with all innovations, or available with a slight delay ... We do not know.

• A small slap bad rumors

This is ... it was the development of writing, online date because we feel absolutely intolerable situation in which Nikon maintains customers, dealers and journalists: total silence against a sea of ​​rumors that have lasted for months, of course the craziest, which makes sense when dreams and reality collide.

Feb 03, 2012 at 08:25 PM
jlawrence
• • •
p.1 #3 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

damn.

an 8.1inch screen?!!

Feb 03, 2012 at 09:23 PM
dpg109
• •
p.1 #4 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

lol probably 8.1 cm....

Feb 03, 2012 at 09:30 PM
jlawrence
• • •
p.1 #5 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

so i have a choice between a lower mp and a crazy 36mp?

Feb 03, 2012 at 09:37 PM
ShaneMD
• • •
p.1 #6 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

What is the purpose of the two choices(with and without the anti aliasing)? Sorry, I haven't followed all of the threads on the D800 rumors so I don't know.

Feb 03, 2012 at 10:55 PM
ShaneMD
• • •
p.1 #7 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

nevermind. I found this link and it is not a language I understand, even though it's English. I just want to know which will be better for me.

http://nikonrumors.com/forum/topic.php?id=4098

Feb 03, 2012 at 11:00 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

I wonder when spare parts will be available for warranty repairs.

EBH

Feb 04, 2012 at 02:08 PM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #9 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

EB-1 wrote:
I wonder when spare parts will be available for warranty repairs.

EBH

Loving the vapourware discussions again I see. What is the big problem with people talking about something that is particular interest to them. Many of them will be considering the D800 so naturally they will want to discuss the product, regardless of whether or not it has been launched yet!

Feb 04, 2012 at 03:05 PM
RRRoger
• • •
p.1 #10 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

I am very interested in the D800 because it will be smaller and lighter than the D4 and cost thousands less.

See you back here on Feb 7th!

Feb 04, 2012 at 04:13 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

LLondon
• • •
p.1 #11 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

RRRoger wrote:
I am very interested in the D800 because it will be smaller and lighter than the D4 and cost thousands less.

See you back here on Feb 7th!

Might be 1K less

Feb 04, 2012 at 04:19 PM
mfletch
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

ShaneMD wrote:
nevermind. I found this link and it is not a language I understand, even though it's English. I just want to know which will be better for me.

http://nikonrumors.com/forum/topic.php?id=4098

That thread is full of bickering about the good and bad of removing the AA filter. Much of the jargon there is over my head, but I understand how the AA filter helps and hurts the image. The wait is just about over and we'll know what Nikon is actually going to bring to the table. If this rumor of two D800's becomes fact, there will more than a few side by side tests between the standard(with AA) and "hotrod" models to stir into the debate.

Feb 04, 2012 at 04:19 PM
jlawrence
• • •
p.1 #13 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

looking at the photos it looks like it'll be using the d7000's external grip.

I'm guessing that by using the same battery as the d7000, they'll be saving some weight.

wuuuut?

Feb 04, 2012 at 05:23 PM
Dave_EP
• • •
p.1 #14 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

The body in those pictures does look smaller than the D700. Look at the top LCD for example. Also the shutter button looks to be at more of an angle...

Feb 04, 2012 at 06:02 PM
MalbikEndar
• •
p.1 #15 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

Those machine translations are a real hoot.

Feb 04, 2012 at 06:17 PM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #16 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

Dave_EP wrote:
The body in those pictures does look smaller than the D700. Look at the top LCD for example. Also the shutter button looks to be at more of an angle...

Looks like the D800 will be bigger than the D700.

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/01/06/who-wants-to-see-the-nikon-d800-on-nikon-de.aspx/

D800 is second from right.

Feb 04, 2012 at 06:24 PM
lou f
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

Does the cf/sd slots mean I could have a wifi card and a big cf card in use at the same time? Eyefi cards work well?

Feb 04, 2012 at 11:32 PM
RRRoger
• • •
p.1 #18 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

LLondon wrote:
>>Quote Might be 1K less quote<<

D4 $5999
D800 $3000-3999 (I am hoping the Rumored price of the 5Dx will keep this down).
extra battery for D4 $150
cheapest XQD card $130
reader $45

We are talking in excess of $2,000 and probably more like 3K by the time I am done.

Feb 05, 2012 at 01:21 AM
drdrew
• • • •
p.1 #19 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

i want.

Feb 05, 2012 at 02:20 AM
innovis
• •
p.1 #20 · D800 (to be released on Feb 7th) : reliable informations here!...

ct8282 wrote:
Loving the vapourware discussions again I see. What is the big problem with people talking about something that is particular interest to them. Many of them will be considering the D800 so naturally they will want to discuss the product, regardless of whether or not it has been launched yet!

Looks like you can't stop poking fun at Andre eh? lol

Feb 05, 2012 at 03:35 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password