Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Sigma 120-300 2.8 with converters which one?

Uzi-

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sigma 120-300 2.8 with converters which one?

I have a 120-300 2.8 EX DG that I shoot on a 7D. I've been very pleased with it, but would like a little more length out of it.

I'm on the hunt for a 1.4x but would like to buy only one. I've heard that sigma converters are the best to use on their lenses (which makes sense) but can I use canon converters?

I've got some other canon lenses that are compatible with converters too. I'd like to buy one converter that works for all my lenses is it that simple? I'd also like one that reports aperture and focal length with the lens its used on.

Optical quality and focus speed are high on list (yes I realize I'm going to lose AF speed with any converter) and of course price.

I wouldn't mind having a 2x as well that pairs with the 1.4x but I feel like I'd lose too much quality using it on a zoom lens. Does any one have experience with one on the sigma 120-300? I did a search and only found one thread pertaining to the newer OS version of the sigma.

Feb 03, 2012 at 06:12 PM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sigma 120-300 2.8 with converters which one?

I had that lens in Nikon mount and I can confirm that the Sigma TC worked wonderfully with that lens. I had both the 1.4 and 2.0 and was very happy with the IQ wide open. I can't comment on Canon TC with that lens.

Feb 03, 2012 at 07:35 PM
Derek
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sigma 120-300 2.8 with converters which one?

I have used both convertors on the Canon, couldn't really tell any difference, if anything the Canon was slightly better, and it does give you the advantage if you have other Canon lenses its better with them and has a weather seal

Feb 03, 2012 at 07:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

reno.peterson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sigma 120-300 2.8 with converters which one?

I know that on the 150-500 OS I can't use a Canon 1.4XII TC, as the protruding element doesn't allow the fit. Might be the same with other Sigma lenses also.

Feb 03, 2012 at 08:57 PM
rgold1963
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sigma 120-300 2.8 with converters which one?

Both Canon TC's will work with the 120-300mm. It's one of only a couple of Sigma lenses they actually fit on.

Ron

Feb 04, 2012 at 03:30 PM
Uzi-

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sigma 120-300 2.8 with converters which one?

Thanks rgold1963 and everyone else that's what I needed to know. I thought the canon versions would fit since the sigma's have a protruding element too. Just wanted to make sure before I started buying them.

Feb 06, 2012 at 01:33 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password