Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Growing

ambur d
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Growing

The Last 365: Day 12 by ambur d., on Flickr

I couldn't find the rules for this forum, so I hope it's okay that I ask this here!

This year I decided to do a 365 day project. I thought that this would be a great way to help me grow as a photographer. I know of a few things I need to work on over the course of this project such as:
- communication with people
- more portraits of people who interest me
- concepts, planning
- developing my own style

So that I know. By posting here I'm hoping to get opinions from other photographers who may see something that I don't. Basically anything from website design to colors and composition.

Here is a link to my website:
http://amburdphoto.com/

And here is a link to my Flickr, where I have been posting my 365 photos for the past month:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambur-d-photography/

Thank you very much for taking a look.

Feb 01, 2012 at 08:24 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Growing

From the Critique forum page, click on the "What are the criteria" link to find the description you want.

In general, it's best to show only a few photos - no more than four. Make them about 800 pixels on the longest side so we can see them well enough to comment.

Posts the point to a large set of images often receive little response because it is too much work and too difficult to comment and connect comments to a large number of images.

Feb 01, 2012 at 10:19 PM
ambur d
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Growing

Whoops! Sorry about that. I'm not asking for critique on every photo though..just on general style/the kind of impression you get from my work.
Regardless, I'll formulate a new post with images and whatnot.

Feb 01, 2012 at 10:40 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Growing

Beautiful woman.
Elegant pose.
I really like the concept.
I wish her left hand wasnt "cut off". I like the lace and some of the projected shadows especially across her arms. The larger and darker shadows across the face detract from the beauty of the image IMO. The finer, lacier shadows across the face would work.
Not sure how you could compose this to prevent this. The dark shadow across her nose seems especially problematic.
Do you have a series of these?
Linking together several images as variations or with a common question can make sense for a post.

Scott

Feb 02, 2012 at 12:28 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password