Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Canon G1X sensor compared to P&S, EVIL sensors

RobDickinson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon G1X sensor compared to P&S, EVIL sensors

yes I've used an x100 and an x10.

I really liked the x10, if I was spending that much on a P&S I would go for it over say a G12. Lovd the on off based on the lens ring etc.

X100 was a lovely camera to hold and use, manual focus was (ofcourse) impossible without the EVF and with it was too slow, there is a firmware fix possibility I guess.

Feb 01, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon G1X sensor compared to P&S, EVIL sensors

The review seems pretty positive to me. In fact, at the very beginning are exclamation marks about what a great product Canon has produced. I don't think it's a fluke that this is the first P&S to rival APS-C DSLR's IQ. No mean feat there.

Feb 01, 2012 at 01:39 AM
thw2
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon G1X sensor compared to P&S, EVIL sensors

A large sensor that is still stuck at 10.8 eV of dynamic range. Sigh..

Feb 01, 2012 at 05:25 AM
Jeff Nolten
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon G1X sensor compared to P&S, EVIL sensors

thedigitalbean wrote:
Having used a G1X recently followed immediately by an X10, I like the handling and feel of the X10 better (and its obviously smaller). The sensor quality on the G1X is better (at high ISO) but the lens quality on the X10 looks better to me.

I was contemplating picking up a G1X has a fairly high quality P&S with a zoom to augment my M system but after having used it, I don't think I will. I may consider the X10 now but I'm still unsure.

When did you get a chance to use a G1X enough to compare the sensor quality? Could you give a quick review? How many line pairs can the lens resolve?

Feb 01, 2012 at 06:37 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password