Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Any issues with DPP and Lion?

Peter Montanti
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Any issues with DPP and Lion?

I ask this because I'm not getting the same color in the DPP edit window as the image I get in PS as a processed Tif.

I've assigned the same profile in DPP preferences that is used on my NEC PA241W monitor. I've just uninstalled DPP and removed all preferences I could find then reinstalled it and updated to the newest version of DPP which is what I had been using prior to my new Lion using iMac. I was hoping that doing this would resolve the problem but it didn't change anything.
I've set up preferences in DPP as I have had for many years with the color space set to Wide Gamut RGB and the monitor profile chosen. Wide Gamut RGB is also chosen in the Adjustment menu drop down. As far as I can tell I'm doing everything correctly but not getting the expected results as I have always experienced. My color space in PS is ProPhoto RGB.

For anyone else using DPP with Lion, are your previews in the DPP edit window the same as your tifs in PS?

Can anyone offer information or help with this. Your thoughts on this are appreciated.

Peter

Jan 30, 2012 at 03:42 PM
abqnmusa
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Any issues with DPP and Lion?

Yes, I have no issue with DPP & OSX 10.7.x (Lion)

-- first I calibrated my monitor with the latest Spyder 3 software (OSX 10.7 compliant)
-- then set calibrated profile as monitor profile
-- then set DPP monitor profile to the calibrated profile

My color space is SRGB in Photoshop and I have no issues with color between program or when exporting to websites or windows systems.

Jan 30, 2012 at 05:29 PM
Peter Montanti
• •
p.1 #3 · Any issues with DPP and Lion?

Thanks, I appreciate the response. It's helpful to know that DPP and Lion work for you. I don't know why I'm getting the difference I'm showing. I'll have to switch to ACR instead of DPP for conversions if I can't figure out the problem. I hope I can because I prefer DPP.

Peter

Jan 30, 2012 at 07:14 PM
abqnmusa
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Any issues with DPP and Lion?

On 1/26/2012 Canon has updated the Canon EOS Utility to be fully OSX 10.7 compliant (Lion)
EOS Utility 2.10.4 Updater for Mac OS X

The workaround had been to use v2.8.1

Jan 31, 2012 at 09:35 PM
Peter Montanti
• •
p.1 #5 · Any issues with DPP and Lion?

Thanks for the EOS Utility update info but that was not an issue since I only have DPP installed.
Through much time trying different setup variations I finally did get DPP to load the correct profile so all is copasetic between DPP and PS CS5.

Peter

Feb 02, 2012 at 04:40 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password