Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Current CPS swag

arnold1
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Current CPS swag

Ralph Conway wrote:
Isnt clean and check free twotimes a year for platinums

Hi Ralph,

2 free Clean and Check vouchers are given to Gold members per year. For the Platinum level the number of Clean and Check vouchers given is six.

http://www.cps.usa.canon.com/about_cps/about.shtml

Feb 03, 2012 at 05:58 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.2 #2 · Current CPS swag

That was my suguesstion somehow. Isnt 6 times clean and check not enough if you use 3 cameras? Thats two times a year each body.

Ralph

Feb 03, 2012 at 09:54 AM
arnold1
• • •
p.2 #3 · Current CPS swag

Ralph Conway wrote:
That was my suguesstion somehow. Isnt 6 times clean and check not enough if you use 3 cameras? Thats two times a year each body.

Ralph

Yes, you are absolutely right. Twice a year for each body is more than enough--even if one does not take good care of their cameras. I baby my gear and sometime I let my C&C vouchers expire as I don't see any value in risking potential shipment damage, if I do not really need my cameras cleaned and/or checked.

I was also wondering if a Clean and Check voucher can be used towards lenses?

Feb 03, 2012 at 03:32 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

deepbluejh
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · Current CPS swag

I can confirm a Clean and Check voucher cannot be used for lens calibration or adjustment. They'll probably dust off the outside elements for you, but I'm not sure what else they can do without taking it apart.

And as a side note, I've never had my gear cleaned and checked. Might be worth doing that someday.

Feb 03, 2012 at 03:41 PM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.2 #5 · Current CPS swag

In the UK we don't get anything that could remotely be deemed 'swag'. It is most irksome.

Feb 03, 2012 at 03:49 PM
arnold1
• • •
p.2 #6 · Current CPS swag

deepbluejh wrote:
I can confirm a Clean and Check voucher cannot be used for lens calibration or adjustment. They'll probably dust off the outside elements for you, but I'm not sure what else they can do without taking it apart.

And as a side note, I've never had my gear cleaned and checked. Might be worth doing that someday.

Thank you for confirming that as I was contemplating sending a lens for cleaning and possible calibration. If they don't do anything beyond simple dusting of the outside of the lens, there is no sense in sending it in.

Feb 03, 2012 at 04:16 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password