Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Flying Veil !!

alexcan

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Flying Veil !!

Hey Guys, I shot these two pictures several weeks ago in Mexico, Playa Del Carmen . I would appreciate all the feedback and critiques !!!

http://www.34studio.com/feedback/flying_veil_grand_velas.jpg

http://www.34studio.com/feedback/flying_veil_sunset.jpg

DALLAS WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER

Jan 25, 2012 at 06:19 PM
dmacmillan
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Flying Veil !!

I'd fix the horizon in #1. I really like the effect on this one. The veil looks great! Not sure about his pose, it's more like he's on one knee proposing. Some may fuss about them being centered horizontally, but I think the dark cloud on the right helps give it some balance. You might try cropping off some of the right just for grins.

#2 has a lot of features I like, with the veil being #1. I also like their reflection. There's something weird about the way the infinity pool interrupts the foreground and chops off their legs and feet. Also, I'd like to see a rendition with a little less saturation.

Jan 25, 2012 at 06:47 PM
alexcan

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Flying Veil !!

Thanks for the feedback ..I am going to re-crop the first image for sure .. I agree about the saturation... It needs to be desaturated..

Jan 25, 2012 at 07:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Flying Veil !!

Conceptually nice, but unsharp with strange artifacts and the color seems off over and above color temp:

Jan 25, 2012 at 08:17 PM
dmacmillan
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Flying Veil !!

AuntiPode wrote:
... with strange artifacts...

I actually thought those were put there to make the image look aged. OP, are they intentional or artifacts?

Jan 25, 2012 at 08:21 PM
alexcan

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Flying Veil !!

They are actually intentional !! Texture is added later ..Original image is sharp , this is just a web res.

Jan 25, 2012 at 08:25 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password