Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Camera strap for running/active activities?

fuzzybabybunny
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Camera strap for running/active activities?

When I'm out hiking or running or scrambling over rocks or whatever with my DSLR I swing it so it's against my back when I use the regular neck strap. While this means the camera is now out of my way, when I run the thing bounces up and down against my back (and pulls on my neck) and when I bend forward to grab things it can slide off my back and swing around to the front of me, banging on rocks in the process.

Is there a DSLR strap for active activities? I'm looking for something that could quickly cinch to hug the camera to the back of my back or even to my side so that it stays put when I'm running or climbing stuff. A quick way to swing it back into action would be ideal.

Jan 25, 2012 at 03:00 AM
pompeio
• •
p.1 #2 · Camera strap for running/active activities?

Take a look at the Cotton Carrier which, although more than just a strap, may fit your needs.

Jan 25, 2012 at 03:09 AM
farski
• •
p.1 #3 · Camera strap for running/active activities?

http://www.blackrapid.com/product/camera-strap/rs-sport-2/ might do what you want. It does a pretty good job of keeping the camera from flopping around, but it doesn't prevent the whole thing from bouncing. I have, when I know things are going to be very rough, will use a strap like that with a biner or s-biner attached to my belt/beltloop and that keeps everything pretty much exactly where I want it, but it taks ~5 seconds to be ready to shoot.

Jan 25, 2012 at 03:36 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

fuzzybabybunny
• • •
p.1 #4 · Camera strap for running/active activities?

farski wrote:
http://www.blackrapid.com/product/camera-strap/rs-sport-2/ might do what you want. It does a pretty good job of keeping the camera from flopping around, but it doesn't prevent the whole thing from bouncing. I have, when I know things are going to be very rough, will use a strap like that with a biner or s-biner attached to my belt/beltloop and that keeps everything pretty much exactly where I want it, but it taks ~5 seconds to be ready to shoot.

I'm a little confused. All that is is a strap that loops around the shoulder, with a single ~3ft strap running from it to the camera. Wouldn't this swing *wildly* around? It's basically a leash for the camera, no?

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM
gardenvalley
• • •
p.1 #5 · Camera strap for running/active activities?

optechusa.com

The Optech stabilizer strap may suit your needs or maybe a small waist pack which could also be used to carry water, sun-block, first-aid kit etc

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:08 PM
farski
• •
p.1 #6 · Camera strap for running/active activities?

fuzzybabybunny wrote:
I'm a little confused. All that is is a strap that loops around the shoulder, with a single ~3ft strap running from it to the camera. Wouldn't this swing *wildly* around? It's basically a leash for the camera, no?

There are two parts to that strap that help reduce movement. There's the extra strap that goes under your armpit which prevents the strap itself from moving (sliding) around. Then there are two clips that you can use to keep the camera's position along the strap fixed. So the camera really can't move back and forth, but there is nothing to keep it from moving up and down. That's why I like to add in a carabiner that I can clip to the strap and to my belt, which prevents the bouncing.

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:15 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password