Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Color calibration on multiple monitors

teraflame
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Color calibration on multiple monitors

I paint a lot on both my laptop and desktop. When I transfer files drawn on my laptop and display on desktop monitor, they're very different. Hue, saturation, and brightness all changes slightly, sometimes drastically. How can I achieve consistent colors on both monitors? Will a color calibrator solve this specific problem?

Jan 24, 2012 at 05:38 PM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Color calibration on multiple monitors

a calibrator is a good start but getting 2 monitors to match, esp. if they are of different types is harder than you'd think. Simply matching white point and other parameters do NOT yield a match unless you're remarkably lucky. You'll need a decent calibrator that allows you to make specific 'xy' settings to the white point (like the i1Display Pro or Spyder Elite)

Jan 24, 2012 at 07:11 PM
sevan pulurian
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Color calibration on multiple monitors

Well first off your biggest challenge is getting the laptop monitor calibrated, if it's an older laptop then you might be SOL, if its a newer and decent one then you may have a chance. Calibrating laptops is not easy as monitors cause you may not have the same controls like RBG, contrast and so on. It will calibrate it but just calibrated basically by the software.

But fist you need to get a calibrating unit. I used to use the data color sypder 2 then went to the spyder three and now jumped up top x-rite color munki, never tried the i1display. But no matter what you do getting both monitors to match well is gonna be a challenge for you, due to the fact that your video cards are probably nowhere near the same and the displays used are probably far apart as well. I have two dell 2407WFP montitors and side by side the both have slight differences in the end.

Sevan

Jan 28, 2012 at 04:31 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password