Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · LR3 Aspect Ratio Cropping Problem

no_surrender
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · LR3 Aspect Ratio Cropping Problem

When using LR3 to process, I keep having the same problem when trying to crop to 4x6. It automatically goes back to "Original" after I adjust the slider. The crop edge sliders also sometimes go back to the original image size. This doesn't make sense to me because I'm using a Canon 30D which isn't full frame. A 5D automatically comes out 4x6, right? But I'm pretty sure my images are not 4x6 due to the 1.6x crop factor. Shooting RAW. Help!

Thanks - Kevin

Jan 23, 2012 at 06:43 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · LR3 Aspect Ratio Cropping Problem

Pixel dimensions for the 30D are 3504 x 2336. Divide both those numbers by 584 and you will get 6 x 4.

In other words, 4x6 and "original" are the same for the 30D.

Crop factor is sensor size relative to a full-frame ("35mm") sensor. Even though a sensor is smaller, it can have the same aspect ratio as a larger sensor, which is the case when comparing the 30D to a 5D, for example. Aspect ratio is exactly that, a ratio of width to height, and not an absolute size.

Jan 23, 2012 at 07:13 PM
no_surrender
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · LR3 Aspect Ratio Cropping Problem

Ahhhhh, thanks for the clarification. Looks like there's no problem after all. This has really been bugging me for the past couple of months. THANK YOU!!!

Jan 23, 2012 at 07:45 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password