Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Charlie Lived Here

StevenZ
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Charlie Lived Here

Jerome, Arizona taken in 2005 while driving west along Hwy 89a from Sedona. I was several miles away when I took this shot using a long lens, unfortunately the image quality sucks. Established in 1883 on the Cleopatra Hills, Jerome was once a prosperous mining town (copper, gold, silver). There is a winding road that takes you up to Jerome from the local highway. No wonder, Charlie lived here, it's a fascinating little town built on 3 levels and today is a very popular tourist attraction.

Jan 21, 2012 at 08:41 PM
mamankyle
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Charlie Lived Here

Nice shot. Can you pop the buildings a little?
My favorite town in Arizona.
Greg

Jan 21, 2012 at 09:22 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Charlie Lived Here

You shouldn'ta oughta have included my name in the title, Steven .
Because now I feel it's okay to add a coupla my own Jerome pics . Only two, though ( I have more- but I'm sparing you this time ).

I have no idea of your location where you took your shot- it must have been way the hell across the Verde Valley someplace.
My first pic is from the old Jerome Historic Graveyard.
My second was taken in front of where I lived- aiming in the general direction of where you must have been. The building across the street is the House of Joy. It was a fine restaurant when I lived in Jerome. Some years earlier it had been a fine whore house. Unfortunately the change came about before I moved into town .
Charlie

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:14 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Charlie Lived Here

Ah...a little more about the man, the myth, the legend...
Nice pictures, the both of youse. My question; is that painted on a sign on the way into town?
Douglas

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Garrick L
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Charlie Lived Here

I think a little selective contrast in the middle ground of the first image would really help it. Nice work!

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Fishit
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Charlie Lived Here

All of them have nice qualities Steven, I like the higher contrast buildings.

Sorry misread that, heavy pain meds last few days, I had oral surgery on Thursday

Edited on Jan 22, 2012 at 02:42 PM · View previous versions

Jan 22, 2012 at 01:29 AM
StevenZ
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Charlie Lived Here

Charlie Shugart wrote:
You shouldn'ta oughta have included my name in the title, Steven .
Because now I feel it's okay to add a coupla my own Jerome pics . Only two, though ( I have more- but I'm sparing you this time ).

I have no idea of your location where you took your shot- it must have been way the hell across the Verde Valley someplace.

I can't remember, but it was on route to Jerome somewhere along hwy 89a, it had to be a good 5-10 miles in the valley.

Jan 22, 2012 at 03:10 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password