Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · CS5 and LR3: 3 questions

EverLearning
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CS5 and LR3: 3 questions

Hi all. I just installed my CS5 Photoshop upgrade (from CS3). A few months back I installed my LR3 upgrade (from LR2). I have 3 questions I hope somebody can answer:

1. Can I uninstall CS3 without causing problems with CS5? I know they have separate folders under Program Files\Adobe, but I am concerned there could be shared files. I'm getting tight for disk space on the C drive so I would really like to uninstall.

2. Same question for uninstalling LR2.

3. I have a custom brush for adding a signature to my pictures. I am struggling to determine how to get that brush into CS5. How do I do that?!

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2012 at 02:04 AM
EverLearning
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CS5 and LR3: 3 questions

And now I am going to go for 2 bonus questions. What should I be backing up periodically for CS5? How about LR3 (I already back up the catalogs)?

Thanks

Jan 21, 2012 at 02:15 AM
EverLearning
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CS5 and LR3: 3 questions

Wow, I thought some of the very knowledgeable people here would know the answers to one or more of these questions. Nobody?!

Jan 21, 2012 at 02:48 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CS5 and LR3: 3 questions

Ummm ... you only waited 44/33 minutes before complaining @ non-response?

Jan 21, 2012 at 03:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

EverLearning
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · CS5 and LR3: 3 questions

, yes 44 minutes would be rather inpatient RustBug, but if you look carefully at the timestamp, especially the AM and PM, you will see I waited nearly 13 hours. You will also notice that there have been nearly 70 views.

I have found FM to be a great source of info, so yes, I am a bit surprised that in 13 hours nobody is able (willing?) to offer up answer(s) to any of the questions. Here's hoping some kind and knowledgeable soul will take pity on me and provide some answers!

Jan 21, 2012 at 04:50 PM
EverLearning
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · CS5 and LR3: 3 questions

BTW, sorry about the typo RustyBug. Nothing deliberate or Freudian about it.

Jan 21, 2012 at 04:56 PM
joakim
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · CS5 and LR3: 3 questions

1. It should be no problem, it's recommended to use uninstall app in your cs3 folder.
2. I can't recall having any problem doing that but I don't remember if I just dragged lr2 to the trash or if I used some uninstall app.
3. No idea.
4. Nothing special, only your photos and edited images
5. Make sure you have proper backup for original files (raw or jpeg). This backup is 1000 times more important that backing up the catalog.

Good Luck!

Jan 21, 2012 at 06:18 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · CS5 and LR3: 3 questions

Man, it is DEFINITELY time for a new script for the "coke bottles" ... I checked the time stamp 3 different times for that very thing. Sorry 'bout that.

Jan 21, 2012 at 06:34 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password