Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lens Warranty?

maham0

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Lens Warranty?

I am going to buy the 70-200 2.8 IS II from B&H before the rebates go away. Would you recommend that I buy the warranty for accidental damage, etc?

Jan 20, 2012 at 09:52 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Lens Warranty?

It's your call.

I don't buy extended warranties. Most of my 'problems' have occured within a few days or weeks of getting a new and very expensive lens. Of course, most of these problems were self-induced, and not covered by any warranty - extended or not.

IOW, if it works for a year, it's probably OK. YMMV.

Go Pats!

Jan 20, 2012 at 09:55 PM
maham0

p.1 #3 · Lens Warranty?

Thanks!

Jan 25, 2012 at 01:23 PM
henryp
• • •
p.1 #4 · Lens Warranty?

jcolwell wrote:
I don't buy extended warranties. Most of my 'problems' have occured within a few days or weeks of getting a new and very expensive lens. Of course, most of these problems were self-induced, and not covered by any warranty - extended or not.

Some add-on warranties just extend the life of the original manufacture's warranty and may not be of much value, especially if the credit card you use does something similar.

But, there are aftermarket warranties which add additional protection from carelessness, gravity, and other tragedies not covered by the manufacturer's warranty at all. For some, these may be of more value.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Jan 25, 2012 at 03:33 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password