Archive 2012 · Canon 85L vs. Sigma 85

Tom K.
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Canon 85L vs. Sigma 85

D. Diggler wrote:
Link didn't work. Wonder what he said.

He said the following:

I think I need to formally retract my Sigma 85 review. 85L is in beast mode right now.

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM
garydavidjones
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Canon 85L vs. Sigma 85

Why not keep both? Use Canon lens when speed and accuracy are needed in situations such
as street photography, moving subjects. etc. Use Sigma lens in situations such as
portraits where re-takes are not problematic. Also I would presume the build and durability
of the Canon lens is superior. You also will always have a back-up if one of the lenses
fails.

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:35 PM
canon pants
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Canon 85L vs. Sigma 85

garydavidjones wrote:
Why not keep both? Use Canon lens when speed and accuracy are needed in situations such
as street photography, moving subjects. etc. Use Sigma lens in situations such as
portraits where re-takes are not problematic. Also I would presume the build and durability
of the Canon lens is superior. You also will always have a back-up if one of the lenses
fails.

I would love to keep both but if I have funds available, rather than keeping a double focal length i would probably get the 50L since it is pretty close to the 85. I have sold myself on the Canon, it has been doing awesome last few days. Sigma is up for sale . Canon is worth the price to have the better focus. All the good qualities of the sigma dont mean anything if it isn't in focus, not worth the gamble at weddings and paid gigs.

Jan 21, 2012 at 09:18 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Canon 85L vs. Sigma 85

Snopchenko wrote:
When was the last time Canon released a firmware update for Canon 1D Mark II N?

and it's last forever

Jan 21, 2012 at 09:24 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Canon 85L vs. Sigma 85

canon pants wrote:
dont mean anything if it isn't in focus, not worth the gamble at weddings and paid gigs.

+1

Jan 21, 2012 at 09:25 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.