Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · real cost of printing with a Pixma 9500

jeffryscott
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · real cost of printing with a Pixma 9500

I am about to pull the trigger on a Canon Pixma 9500 Mark II.

Before I do though, I would like to get a better idea on the true cost of printing.

Printing 13x19 sheets, for example, full bleed, full color, about how many prints can one get
from a set of the cartridges?

Obviously there are so variables, but I'm sure people here have calculated the average cost per print for these printers.

In addition, there are alternative inks and papers to Canon's, what brands are equivalent quality, or better.

I am coming from an aged Epson 2200 ...

thanks.

Jan 19, 2012 at 07:59 PM
Steven Richard

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · real cost of printing with a Pixma 9500

I haven't really figured the exact cost of printing from my 9500...but I did get ~25 10x14s printed on 13x19 paper right away before one ink cartridge emptied out. Like you said, it is hard to figure out because of what subject you print. I will only use Canon ink. I can tell you that if you apply the proper profiles for the paper you use, you will really enjoy printing from this printer. I do not even have my MBP screen calibrated to match the printer and have been extremely happy with the results.

Jan 20, 2012 at 05:28 PM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · real cost of printing with a Pixma 9500

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/cost-of-inkjet-printing-canon-pro9000-pro9500.html

Jan 20, 2012 at 05:53 PM
anthonygh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · real cost of printing with a Pixma 9500

I bought the R2880 in favour of the Pro 9500; although I have a pro 9000 that I am very impressed with.

Four main reasons really:

Most on line comparisons favoured the Epson by a small margin

The Epson was cheaper to buy

The Canon has some odd default settings regarding the margins in some instances; these cannot (so it seems) be over ridden

The Epson has better 3rd party support...particularly in inks and papers. I was unable to find a single bulk ink supplier for the Canon; although I had no trouble with my Pro9000, and using OCP inks has reduced my ink costs by about 90%...the prints are beautiful...as good as the Canon inks, which I started with.

I had the 2200......good in its day...but that day has long gone (although if I still had one, I'd be tempted to use dye inks in it...you might be surprised at the print quality!).

Jan 20, 2012 at 06:37 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password