Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 24 inch roll archival paper

J4644
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · 24 inch roll archival paper

Hi everyone,

Have had an Epson 3800 for the past three years. Going to order a Canon iPF 6300 very soon. I have used Epson's Premium luster for most of my photographic work. Question: Will the Epson Premium Luster look significantly different with the Canon inks? I will be having custom ICC profiles made. Do you have any suggestions for other high quality papers that will get me that look I have been used to, or possibly even a better look? I do print color and black and white for what it is worth.

Thanks,

Jim

Edited on Jan 18, 2012 at 09:15 PM · View previous versions

Jan 18, 2012 at 08:45 PM
jdrenda
• •
p.1 #2 · 24 inch roll archival paper

not sure how it would look but I have really nice results using Ilford Gold Fibre Silk and Epson Exhibition Fiber Paper on my Epson 3800 , for color and B&W.
John

Jan 18, 2012 at 09:02 PM
colinm
• • •
p.1 #3 · 24 inch roll archival paper

Epson's papers work fine with Canon's LUCIA inks.

In my opinion they're much better than Canon's own. Canon tends to brighten the heck out of their papers, which can lead to a visibly blue paper white.

Jan 18, 2012 at 09:08 PM
J4644
• • •
p.1 #4 · 24 inch roll archival paper

John,

Thanks for the info.

Jim

Jan 18, 2012 at 09:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

J4644
• • •
p.1 #5 · 24 inch roll archival paper

Colin,

Thanks for the information. I am glad to hear that. I really do not think that Canon is known for their photographic papers and really do not want to start using them. I just thought that the Canon inks would be optimized with their papers and the same with Epson inks and papers.

Jim

Jan 18, 2012 at 09:14 PM
Peter Figen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · 24 inch roll archival paper

I switched from Epson Premium Luster to Lexjet eSatin 300 gr. The Lexjet paper has a whiter base instead of the blue-gray Epson base, is much thicker than the Epson, and most importantly, does not say Epson on the back. It's my most used paper among many.

Jan 18, 2012 at 09:38 PM
J4644
• • •
p.1 #7 · 24 inch roll archival paper

Peter,

I will take a look at it.

Thanks,

Jim

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:14 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register