Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · In cased you missed this....

rhyder
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · In cased you missed this....

From Thom Hogan's by Thom blog.....

"Credit Where Credit is Due
Jan 13 (commentary)--Last November I wrote an article objecting to Adobe's announcement of a "one-version update" policy for CS6. Simply put, Adobe was only going to offer update prices for CS5 users. Many of us with very visible sites, such as Scott Kelby, complained and offered alternatives.

It appears that Adobe heard their customers. The one-version update policy will be rescinded for CS6. When CS6 comes out in the first half of this year, anyone owning CS3, CS4, or CS5 versions will be able to get upgrades until the end of the year. In short, Adobe accepted one of the proposed compromises: a longer transition period before a one-version update policy takes effect (which, if I'm reading Adobe's statements correctly, will begin in 2013).

So, Adobe, thank you for listening."

Edited on Jan 19, 2012 at 01:34 AM · View previous versions

Jan 16, 2012 at 07:19 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · In cased you missed this....

Quite a few comments about this change in another thread:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1059790/3

Jan 16, 2012 at 09:27 PM
Brit-007
• • • •
p.1 #3 · In cased you missed this....

But I think you are not quite correct. I have read this over and it appears that is the case with the Creative Suite only. Individual products will not be covered. If you have Photoshop CS3 only, to upgrade to 6 you will have to purchase the full product or go to monthly.

The really bad thing is that if you go with the subscription and drop after a month, you lose all your data if stored in the cloud. I am also taking this that if you do edits and save the file as a psd, you will not be able to open it.

Jan 17, 2012 at 08:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rhyder
• • • •
p.1 #4 · In cased you missed this....

I'm not quite correct about WHAT? I've made no statement to be right or wrong about. All I've done is post Thom Hogan's comments. Geeze.....Are you really still using CS3? You do realize that CS3 is not an indiviual product...right? CS stands for CREATIVE SUITE!!! Creative Suite means its BUNDLE!!

Do you have any clue to what you are talking about?

Jan 18, 2012 at 03:28 AM
BubbaJon
• • • •
p.1 #5 · In cased you missed this....

rhyder wrote:
I'm not quite correct about WHAT? I've made no statement to be right or wrong about. All I've done is post Thom Hogan's comments. Geeze.....Are you really still using CS3? You do realize that CS3 is not an indiviual product...right? CS stands for CREATIVE SUITE!!! Creative Suite means its BUNDLE!!

Do you have any clue to what you are talking about?

Ummmm CS = Creative Suite but it applied to individual products to denote they are part of a "suite" or system that is designed to work together. It does NOT denote a bundle. Bundles are denoted by their focus such as "Master Collection", "Web Design" Production" etc.
Many folks are indeed still using CS3 as CS4 offered no substantial functionality and CS5 had the overrated context aware fill. I personally am on CS5 as I liked the new selection improvements - I avoided the curious 5.5 "update".
Honestly I dunno why you were so vehement towards the poster - especially when it would seem you are in error.

Jan 18, 2012 at 09:25 PM
rhyder
• • • •
p.1 #6 · In cased you missed this....

I thought I was posting some good news from Thom Hogan, some news that could save some of these folks some cash, but the folks on this forum would rather bash anything Adobe. Hogan and Kelby spoke up and got Adobe to change their policy. How many of the whiners on this forum actually contacted Adobe??
I'm still amazed that folks on this forum haven't hit on the obvious work around on this issue.

Open up your copy of "CS5" Photoshop....see what the version number says. CS5 is the suite (OK Bundle was the wrong word) that Photoshop V.12. belongs to.

It's actually "Content-Aware" Fill.....I wouldn't call it overated...I think people expectaions where too high..they were looking for a miracle tool to make editing easier. It's an OK tool when used correctly...but I rarely have a need.

Jan 19, 2012 at 01:33 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password