Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · best way to remove shadow?

ATurturro
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · best way to remove shadow?

hi all,

looking for some suggestions/ideas as to how to remove the shadow of the camera in the lower right corner. ive been trying to fix it in photoshop, but have had no luck... (i'm not good with pp)... link to full res photo below.

thanks!
ana

full resolution version

Jan 16, 2012 at 02:57 PM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · best way to remove shadow?

as a first attempt, I'd try some CS5 'content aware fill' (selecting a bit at a time, not the whole camera/tripod). You'd need to follow that up w/ a replay of content aware or clone or patch tool

Jan 16, 2012 at 04:02 PM
Bodzio

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · best way to remove shadow?

In PS try to outline with lasso tool part of the wall (similar texture) to part of shadow. Ctrl J to copy this part to top layer. With Move tool move this part over shadow trying to match texture. Continue with small parts, merge layers and finish with Stamp tool.

Jan 16, 2012 at 04:09 PM
_Rob_S_
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · best way to remove shadow?

Content aware fill or patch tool but I'd strongly suggest re-shooting as a much better option if it's available.

Rob

Jan 16, 2012 at 04:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Norman my love
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · best way to remove shadow?

No problem. Make a duplicate layer. The camera is in the red area. Using the polygonal selection tool, select as big an area as possible above the camera using the same color area and copy it and paste it over the camera. Keep doing this where the shadow is in the red area. Next, to the right of the camera there is the black line. Duplicate layer, select it and copy extrending it down to the little branch. Flatten the image, and then when you have copied as much as possible, like areas to like areas, finish off with the clone. Extend the branches, etc. making a selection around the dark parts so that you don't screw up the wood behind the branches, etc.

Jan 16, 2012 at 06:15 PM
carnac
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · best way to remove shadow?

Depending on your goal and desired output - simple zoomed in clone tool, grabbing from surrounding areas will look find. I was able to remove the shadow on your small sample photo in about 5 minutes with PS5. Use a layer to help with blending.

Jim

Jan 17, 2012 at 05:28 AM
ATurturro
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · best way to remove shadow?

thanks for all the tips! i'm gonna work on it and post it when i'm done.

if i'm able to make it out to this location again, i will definitely reshoot this.

Jan 18, 2012 at 02:49 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · best way to remove shadow?

quick edit

used content fill aware and clone only...not finished but you get the point

Phil

Jan 18, 2012 at 05:38 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password