Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · canon 580 repair

forrest5000
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · canon 580 repair

Hi all,
Just wanted to check if anyone knows if it is easy/cheep to get a new base fitted to a 580 flash gun?
I took a fall on Friday night with the 580 attached to one of my cameras and it snapped off where it is attached into the hot shoe?
Thanks
John

Jan 15, 2012 at 10:00 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · canon 580 repair

I replaced my 580EX foot with a new one in less than five minutes. All you need is a small Phillips-head screwdriver.

The new one I bought includes a mini-phone plug for attaching radio slaves.

http://www.flashzebra.com/canon580ex_footassembly.shtml

I don't know what's availalbe on your side of the pond, but I'm sure replacement parts should be available from somewhere relatively local to you.

Jan 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Roland W
• • •
p.1 #3 · canon 580 repair

FlashZebra ships to the UK. You can find out what the charges would be by working your way through their ordering process. Otherwise, try the UK version of Canon parts. In the US, stuff like the foot is not too hard to order, so it may be similar over there.

Jan 16, 2012 at 02:07 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

forrest5000
• • •
p.1 #4 · canon 580 repair

Thanks guys, I was hoping it wouldn't be to expensive as it seems logical that is the most common way of trashing your flash gun so should be designed to be easy and quick to replace.

Jan 16, 2012 at 07:57 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · canon 580 repair

Roland W wrote:
FlashZebra ships to the UK.

Fortunately for the OP, they also ship to Ireland.

I was surprised to find that shipping to Ireland is only US$6.00. I know it's a small and lightweight item, but I thought it would be more.

Jan 16, 2012 at 09:59 AM
forrest5000
• • •
p.1 #6 · canon 580 repair

great stuff. given the size of the part I assume they just stick it in a jiffy bag.

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:19 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password