Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Selling on FM ?

mtdydobe
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Selling on FM ?

I joined FM a little while back. I've found it very easy to buy on FM and have successfully transacted several deals. My actual rating is a little lower than the number of successful buys I have completed - guess I should chase everyone down for feedback.

But what does it take to sell on FM with no FM selling track record? I have two listings open now and nada, nothing. I would hope if asking price is too high, someone would either tell me that or make a reasonable offer.

But I have to admit, I'm more ready to buy from members with high excellent transaction ratings (and no negatives), so maybe I'm answering my own question.

And I also realize it could be simply I'm trying to sell something nobody wants - at my price. Everything has a price.

But is there a bias here on FM for buying only from high + rated members?

Jan 14, 2012 at 10:14 PM
cobra0469
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Selling on FM ?

Your current ad's seem reasonably priced to me. You could try adding some pictures of the lenses or taken by them. Your items are not what I would call "fast moving items". I also think the market is a little soft right now, not sure why. I'm sure some are preparing for new cameras that will be available soon. You've done the right thing by purchasing items before trying to sell, just be patient now.

Jan 15, 2012 at 04:25 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Selling on FM ?

Hi Michael, a killer sample shot or 2 might help move things along. As John mentioned things ARE a little slow
this time of year (after the Holidays, before tax time) Good luck, and maybe participate on a couple of Forums besides the B&S

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mtdydobe
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Selling on FM ?

Thanks! and yeah.. things are slow right now I know that. Tax season, after the holidays, new cameras coming out...

and yes, I need to update the ads with pics. Must be psychological - I have to admit to liking ads better with pictures, too. Though, I have bought items posted with no pics based on description and seller reputation.
Michael

Jan 17, 2012 at 05:25 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Selling on FM ?

Michael, I was alluding to "sample" shots taken with the lens
Often a great shot will strike a chord with someone on the fence about a particular lens.
Can't tell ya how many times I've been told that here.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:56 PM
mtdydobe
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Selling on FM ?

trenchmonkey wrote:
Michael, I was alluding to "sample" shots taken with the lens
Often a great shot will strike a chord with someone on the fence about a particular lens.
Can't tell ya how many times I've been told that here.

then folks will have to judge me as a photographer

yes, I get your point.. so I'll have to find some good subject for each lens to accentuate it's strong points..

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:12 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password