Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Extension Tubes

raven4ns
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Extension Tubes

A friend of mine is looking to buy a set of extension tubes for his Canon but he is VERY frugal....lol. I mentioned the Kenko which I have but the price was too steep. There are several manufacturers that make extension tubes that cost much less than Kenko, which ones would you suggest given your own experience with them? Thank you for any and all help.

Tim

Jan 13, 2012 at 09:54 PM
12monkeys
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Extension Tubes

I have a generic set that, markings aside, look just like the Vivitar ones on the bhphoto website. They work just fine and I can see no reason to spend more money on something that has no glass inside.

Jan 13, 2012 at 11:24 PM
raven4ns
• •
p.1 #3 · Extension Tubes

Thank you 12monkeys. May I ask where you got them and their name? Thank you.

Tim

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:55 AM
12monkeys
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Extension Tubes

They don't have a name on them - they are that generic. My Dad bought them from a camera shop in England; I don't know any more than that. I just assume that they're exactly the same as the Vivitar.

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

raven4ns
• •
p.1 #5 · Extension Tubes

Thank you for your help.

Tim

Jan 14, 2012 at 04:18 PM
rnickl
• • •
p.1 #6 · Extension Tubes

I have a set of ProOptic tubes, that's the Adorama house brand. I've been using them for years and don't have any complaints, they fit tight, are built well and have all the contacts so the lens can communicate with the body.

Mine are all aluminum but they changed the design a while back and now have a plastic outer body. A friend of mine has the newer style and they still seem durable and reliable.

If your friend doesn't need communication between the lens and body you can also look for an old Vivitar set from the manual focus days. I've see them go for $20-30 in Nikon mount, Canon should be about the same I'd guess.

Jan 15, 2012 at 01:14 AM
raven4ns
• •
p.1 #7 · Extension Tubes

Thanks again, everyone. I'll let my friend know and then the decision is his.

Tim

Jan 16, 2012 at 01:52 PM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password