Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Adobe backtracks a bit....

AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adobe backtracks a bit....

Mentioning this because it came up recently on another thread here - it seems Adobe has relented a bit on the upgrade policy for PS CS6:

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/01/12/adobe-backtracks-to-offer-cs6-upgrade-for-older-versions-till-end-of-2012/

Jan 13, 2012 at 04:01 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adobe backtracks a bit....

Karen,

Thanks for the update ... guess my procrastination @ CS5 (on CS3) might work out after all.

Jan 13, 2012 at 05:10 PM
lylejk
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adobe backtracks a bit....

I upgraded from CS2 to CS5 so at least you will benifit to go to CS6 Rusty. I'm mainly a GIMPer, but do use Photoshop to process my Leica RAWs. I've been going the update route for around a decade now. Think CS5 will be my last since I won't be allowed to go from CS5 to CS8 (or whatever the name will be called by then). If I don't upgrade to CS6, then I won't even be able to go to CS7. Not sure what innovations will occur between CS5 and CS6 (a lot happened between CS2 to CS5 making it more sense to upgrade). Again, I'm not a professional retoucher; just an avid experimental hobbiest. Most photogs really don't need PS either; programs like Lightroom will do most if not all that they require. Photoshop really is an artist's tool imo. Yes, it can be used to photo enhancements as well, but there are cheaper ways such as Lightroom to do them. Not sure if Adobe has decided the same and are changing their business model accordingly, but, just my opinion, they will be loosing a lot of revenue from the amatuers if they decide just to cater to the Professionals that require PS for their jobs (most amatuers won't dish out $200 plus for upgrades every 18 months imo). Of course I could be wrong and I will be just a few of those who no longer go the upgrade route. Time will tell.

Jan 13, 2012 at 08:23 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adobe backtracks a bit....

The new blur removal seems unlikely to make it into CS6. But if it makes it to CS7, holy-moly, that's an upgrade I suspect most folks will crave.

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM
lylejk
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adobe backtracks a bit....

I agree Aunti. If the deblur feature was to be offered as an update to CS6, I might actually get it. It would take such an innovation to motivate me. Just an update for the sake of an update won't do it.

Jan 14, 2012 at 06:32 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password