Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · United Camera Repair

rongoe
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · United Camera Repair

Has anyone had experience using United Camera Repair in Chicagoland to fix and/or clean lenses? If so, were you happy? thanks.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:21 PM
MSIGuy

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · United Camera Repair

The store I used to work at used United for all their repairs, out of the hundreds we sent in there were only one or two mistakes, which I'd consider pretty good. I wouldn't hesitate to send my stuff there.

Jan 12, 2012 at 06:10 AM
rongoe
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · United Camera Repair

thanks for posting. I wanted at least one vote of confidence for the outfit before using them.

Jan 12, 2012 at 02:04 PM
bryPT
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · United Camera Repair

WOW, I was just going to drive over there today to drop off a lens, strange to see another looking as well the day before I was going to check them out. I did a lot of web research and they do have some strikes against them in the BBB and on a few review sites. But the owner logged into the review sites and corrected the issues in almost every case. The had 13 complaints against them at the BBB, but the BBB gives them an A rating due to the number of customers they have. Only 13 complaints out of tens of thousands of customers gives you a good chance of getting good service.

The lens I have is old and Sigma (which is just 5 blocks north of this place) could not get parts for it, but when I called United, they said they had the parts on site and would be able to fix.

I will post here and let you know how it goes.

Jan 12, 2012 at 04:39 PM
rongoe
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · United Camera Repair

they've now got 2 of my lenses and 2 of my bodies.
will post the results afterwards.

Jan 12, 2012 at 06:21 PM
bryPT
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · United Camera Repair

Too much snow today to make the run there at lunch time. Good luck with your repairs.

Jan 12, 2012 at 07:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

UnitedCamera

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · United Camera Repair

Good afternoon - my name is Steve Schuldt and I am the President of United Camera. Hope I am not breaking any forum rules by posting on our own behalf.

Thanks to everyone who passed along the feedback about United. I would say they are very accurate. We do have our fair share of times where we don't get it 100% right (as some have noted we do have some BBB complaints as well as a handful of less than flattering reviews). United does do about 10,000 repairs a month so the % of time we deliver less than what customer expect is small BUT everytime we make a mistake we have a genuine desire to make it right.

The parts won't always come in on time or we may miss a lens adjustment we should have made but you can count on us to care. If anyone on this forum has any problems with an experience they receive at United my email address is sschuldt@unitedcamera.com.

To the moderator -
Again, if it wasn't appropriate to post on United's behalf, please feel free to delete this post. No hard feelings!

P.S. - to bryPT - On your Sigma lens, we may very well have the parts in stock but IF we don't, Sigma is one of the absolutely toughest parts distribution network. All parts have to be ordered directly from Japan and take a MINIMUM of 4-6 weeks. And then, if it turns out the parts we ordered didn't fix the problem and we need to get additional parts it would be another 4-6 weeks. It is beyond painful........

Jan 13, 2012 at 07:40 PM
williamkazak
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · United Camera Repair

I used these guys years ago. Why not publish your address and phone number so as to "stay in the public eye"?

Jan 16, 2012 at 06:47 AM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · United Camera Repair

Refreshing to see the President of a camera repair company actually say hello. Thanks Steve for your candid advice.

Jan 16, 2012 at 07:03 AM
Cheryle Sytsma
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · United Camera Repair

This was very nice of Mr Schuldt to come on line...
I called the company and unfortunately they can't work on
my lens! Very disappointed. It is an old lens, not worth much,
has haze and shoots great pictures when the sun doesn't hit it...

cheryle

Edited on Jan 28, 2012 at 04:39 PM · View previous versions

Jan 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Robert Carr
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · United Camera Repair

lukeb wrote:
Refreshing to see the President of a camera repair company actually say hello. Thanks Steve for your candid advice.

Yep... +1000

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password