Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Bayphoto Experience and Shipping to Canada??

arbitrage
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bayphoto Experience and Shipping to Canada??

I've been looking for a place to print some canvas or even metallic prints and found BayPhoto which is affiliated with Smugmug that I use for my online galleries. Has anyone used Bay Photo and I especially would like to find out if anyone from Canada has used them and what the shipping/duty costs would be like? Also if anyone from Canada has another recommendation for a Canadian print shop that would be equal in quality yet cheaper in costs I would love to know about them.

Thanks for any info.

Jan 11, 2012 at 06:40 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bayphoto Experience and Shipping to Canada??

Cant help with the Canada issue.
I've had them do two items for me.
Aluminum print (not metallic paper). Quality very good. It would have been superb if I had chosen a glossier finish.
24x30 glossy print, no color management. I did the color management, softproofing in PS with their profile. Excellent. Price, excellent.
I will definitely use them again.
US shipping times were fast, cost good but I dont know how that differs sending to Canada.
Avoid canvasondemand for canvas. Quality sucks.They are 0.5/3 tries with me.

Scott
Scott

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:19 AM
pburwell
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bayphoto Experience and Shipping to Canada??

I used Bayphoto to supply all the aluminum prints for a gallery show of my snowflake prints. They do great work, at a good price and pack the goods really well.

I found the price for shipping them to in Edmonton to be quite reasonable given the size and weight of the package. Pricing for shipping is directly related to the size and weight of what you are shipping. I always got two day shipping (UPS Worldwide Saver) to avoid brokerage fees and just a bunch of delays that one gets shipping ground shipping.

I wish I could find a Canadian company who could supply same, but so far, my search has been in vane.

So at the present time, I highly recommend Bayphoto for Canadians looking for metallic prints.

I hope that helps you out.

Paul

Jan 12, 2012 at 03:15 AM
pburwell
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bayphoto Experience and Shipping to Canada??

I should mention that I just noticed a banner ad at the top of the page for a company called Bannerjack.ca located in Ontario. Looking at their pricing, it is more than double what I've paid at Bayphoto for the same sizes and finishes.

Paul

Jan 12, 2012 at 03:18 AM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bayphoto Experience and Shipping to Canada??

Thanks for the replies. I think that their prices are so much better than anywhere in Canada that even with shipping it should be fine. It think I will give them a try as the first order is 25% off anyway .... better make it a decent order!!

pburwell, did you have to pay any duties on the prints?

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:14 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password