Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · new to Mac

CosmicCruiser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · new to Mac

Thanks to Win Vista I just made the move to Mac and find I can't figure out how to upload my pics to FM now. I just tried what seemed too simple by dragging the photo to the choose file slot but it really isn't there. In Win I could right click on the photo in Flickr and get the url address but that doesn't work in Mac. What am I missing?
Thanks Robert

Jan 10, 2012 at 04:21 PM
jason.alabama
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · new to Mac

Robert,

You should still be able to right click to get the image address and use the tags. Typically you have to go to the size you want to share. It might depend on your web browser, but it works for me in Safari.

Jason

Edit: You need to put img and /img in brackets and put your picture's URL in between. When I first posted it thought I wanted to display a picture.

Jan 12, 2012 at 06:23 AM
Xoa.

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · new to Mac

If you are on a mac with a mouse that has the one button, hit the control key and mouse click. That should fire up that right click window you are used to in Linux/Windows/etc.

You can also plug a multi-button mouse in.

Jan 12, 2012 at 01:16 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · new to Mac

So how's that working for you..."The devil you know..."

Jefferson

Jan 13, 2012 at 03:45 AM
CosmicCruiser
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · new to Mac

Thanks guys, I'll try it again but that's what I used to do in Win.I would upload it to Flickr then right click on the photo and see the url. Didn't seem to show me that on my first try with the new MBP.
Robert

Jan 15, 2012 at 02:59 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

CosmicCruiser
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · new to Mac

will this work?

Jan 15, 2012 at 05:42 PM
CosmicCruiser
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · new to Mac

This is nuts!! FM has changed the way you add photos and flickr has too! I clicked "Choose" at the post reply page and I see the photo in the drop down list but as you see it isn't there. I went to Flickr and copied the URL which looks different than before but the "choose" button will not allow a "paste". What the heck is going on?
Robert

Jan 15, 2012 at 05:46 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · new to Mac

Robert,

export your picture to the desktop. Double click on the picture to make sure the size is below the 600mg limit; if not resize it, save it back to your desktop, overwriting the original one. In FM, go to the "upload 1" tab, click on "choose file " tab. That will drop down a menu; go to desktop, choose the picture you want to upload, fill in all the optional data, e.g., EXIF, etc., then click on "send reply," and your picture should show up. Probably are some faster ways, but this outline has worked well for me.

HTH

Jan 15, 2012 at 07:09 PM
Skarkowtsky
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · new to Mac

If you own a new Apple, with the solid button mouse, open System Preferences>Mouse/Keyboard, and set up the mouse.

Internally, there is a left and right partition in the mouse, and you can set up a right click (even though the actual mouse surface is one piece). This way, you won't have to hold Control on the keyboard.

Jan 18, 2012 at 03:58 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password