Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · How To Tighten the Hotshoe/Foot on Your Canon Speedlite

StanOPhoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · How To Tighten the Hotshoe/Foot on Your Canon Speedlite

I had some issues with a 580EX II hotshoe foot coming loose. It became so loose over time that the flash started losing communication with the camera. Symptoms included chronic E-TTL overexposure and lack of in-camera menu control.

The fix was simple and took about 45 minutes. It would have taken 20 minutes but I got into a fight with the quick-release button spring

Click the following link or the image below to head over to the step-by-step repair process, complete with photos and a time-lapse video: http://blog.soskiphoto.com/2012/01/how-to-repair-loose-hotshoe-canon-580ex.html

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM
jefferies1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · How To Tighten the Hotshoe/Foot on Your Canon Speedlite

I have never had that issue with my flash units but have with a Canon 5D. The Camera hotshoe would come loose.Not enough to feel but enough to not work 100% of the time. Same things went worng as you describe. For those with flash issues that is something else to check. Easy to tighten by removing a slide in plate on top. Takes 2-3 minutes, or less after you learn how to lift and slide the plate out of position.Sorry I don't have a video showing how but I am sure many are available.

Jan 10, 2012 at 04:21 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password