Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Will 1D Mark IV Price significantly when 1DX is released?

BostonGreg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Will 1D Mark IV Price significantly when 1DX is released?

I'm new to the pro series Canon bodies and have a question:

Will the retail price ($4,999) of the Canon 1D Mark IV drop significantly after the March release of the 1DX? Is that normally what happens? I can see the price of the 5D2 is already dropping quite a bit but the 1dIV hasn't budged. Any thoughts on this? I'm sure many of you have been buying and selling D series bodies for years and understand the trends.

Also, I know there are a million threads on this issue but as a portrait & wedding photographer, should I even be purchasing the 1DIV? My #1 priority is image quality straight out of the camera. My #2 priority is the cameras focus system. I know the focus system is much better on the 1dIV but what are your thoughts on IMAGE QUALITY for outdoor portraits and low light church/ reception photos. I'm already getting the 1DX and want to buy a second body: either 1dIV or 5d2.

Thank you!

Jan 09, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Taoguy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Will 1D Mark IV Price significantly when 1DX is released?

Regarding pricing of the Mark IV, ask again in 90 to 180 days and I'll have the correct answer.

I made a complete change of systems almost two years ago, I kept and still use the 5DII. I think it is a great buy now, and it was a great buy when I bought it. Portraits & weddings? Its gotta be great. I take it up to 3200 on occasion but 1600 is very good. Can't speak to the MarkIV other than it will still cost almost double.

Good hunting.

Gerard

Jan 10, 2012 at 05:26 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password