Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Canon GX1 announced

Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon GX1 announced

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canong1x/

Jan 09, 2012 at 02:19 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon GX1 announced

well i guess its better then calling it the G13. i had a feeling it was growing long in the tooth. bigger imager bigger body but no real difference in the lens quality/speed/range. G2x maybe?

Edited on Jan 09, 2012 at 10:42 PM · View previous versions

Jan 09, 2012 at 02:42 PM
Nickle S.
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon GX1 announced

sjms wrote:
well i guess its better then calling it the G13. i had a feeling it was growing long in the tooth. bigger imager but no real difference in the lens quality/speed/range. try again next time.

Agree. If it was the same price as the G12, they'd sell a ton of them. But compared to the Nikon-1 series, you get the whole package for the same price as the body only, so if the GX1's IQ is close to the Nikons, they will probably sell well among Canonites.

Nicholas
www.copperhillimages.com

Jan 09, 2012 at 02:50 PM
cohenfive
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon GX1 announced

i don't really get this camera, at least as a camera...it is a lot bigger than the g12, a lot more expensive, with no improvement in reach....just the massive sensor which is nice, but will people looking for a p&s want to spend this much money for something so big even with even cleaner images? i'm not so sure. maybe the play is that with the cmos sensor the video improvements are so dramatic this gets sold as much as a small video camera as a still camera....

Jan 09, 2012 at 04:57 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password