Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Fall Festival - Candids +4

RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Fall Festival - Candids +4

dmacmillan wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what would compel you to take that photo.

It's a capture of their spirited playfulness in the moment ... it tells the story of their lightheartedness in context with a hinting @ the transformation the festival (i.e. jus' funnin') has at taking people away from their normal lives.

It's a "people pic" (real people) ... not a "pretty pic" (pretend people) ... more of a PJ thing. Seeing a mom being goofy enough that it 'tickles' her daughter is an emotive human inter-relationship dynamic ... which also happens to include the (unseen) photographer that she is "playing" to. The woman in the bg is probably a merchant wishing people would buy more of her wares and instead isn't as enthused by their antics at the moment.

Definitely a "react" shot vs. a "thought" shot ... driven by the infectiousness of her spirited play. That, and when someone is friendly enough to "play to the camera", I think it is fitting to show them a little friendly respect / reciprocal acknowledgment by letting them hear the "click" so to speak, even if it is a shot I normally might not have intended to take ... it's an "Americana" real people, being real, thing (imo) ... both shooter and subject.

Or,

Bob Jarman wrote:
Not necessarily within my comfort zone - strangers, people and all that.

Just stretching oneself, you gotta start somewhere ... anywhere, just start.

AND,

You gotta "love" those EYES ...

"Why Dahlin' ... it is so good to see you again."

Jan 12, 2012 at 03:03 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Fall Festival - Candids +4

@rustybug,

well said.

I'm reading a book on composition; reactive photography is one of the categories discussed vis-a-vis planned, or otherwise non-spontaneous photography; street photography and photojournalism being the two primary categories.

Interestingly the author identifies photojournalism as the most difficult given the number of diverse components that must come together for one instant to produce an effective image, which may not one necessarily be deemed so by the art community - two different worlds and mental constructs derived from a single source. There is enough room for everybody

Jan 12, 2012 at 09:51 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Fall Festival - Candids +4

Your post-processing options in photojournalism are are highly limited, for example. Good thing I'm not a journalist.

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Fall Festival - Candids +4

AuntiPode wrote:
Your post-processing options in photojournalism are are highly limited, for example. Good thing I'm not a journalist.

Me too - suffer from clone tool withdrawal

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM
dmacmillan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Fall Festival - Candids +4

Fascinating

Jan 13, 2012 at 02:09 AM
       end

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register