Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Savannah_Stairs Closer view

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Savannah_Stairs Closer view

Thoughts?

Regards,

Bob

Jan 05, 2012 at 01:55 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Savannah_Stairs Closer view

l like it Bob, but prefer less grain. POV is appealing. Interesting that you chose to split the image, roughly 50-50 railing and stairs. It kind of gives you two images or the appeal of reversing figure and ground.
Scott

Jan 05, 2012 at 02:16 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Savannah_Stairs Closer view

Thanks Scott,

Actually, that might be noise - here is a version with NR (luminosity) using ACR.

Re splitting - yes, my symmetry gene going for the ying/yang

Bob

Jan 05, 2012 at 02:28 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Savannah_Stairs Closer view

second preferred
very nice

Scott

Jan 05, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

cgardner
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Savannah_Stairs Closer view

I like it for the patterns and dark/light ying/yang symmetry but the balance in that regard is off geometrically between the white and black sides.

For the edit below I used two copies as a cropping guide, flipping the top layer horizontally and vertically then moving them together so they butted on top and bottom to get the white gap on the top the same width as the black rail on the bottom...

What is interesting about a shot like this perceptually is that the visual balance will be affected somewhat by the background tone of the mat or tone of the wall it is mounted on...

That's something I first noticed with regard to lighting ratios on faces on light and dark backgrounds. A 3:1 lighting ratio that looks average or normal on a dark background will look too heavy and dark on a white one where a 2:1 looks more "normal". It's likely due to the fact the pupils size of the eye reacts to the illumination of the overall visual field. It's one of those technical vs. perceptual cause and effects you should take into account when making prints that will hang in very dark or very light spaces and why its best to evaluate prints not just against the monitor image but in actual space they will hang..

Jan 05, 2012 at 12:17 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Savannah_Stairs Closer view

I like the white mat with this, and the new crop, Chuck.
Scott

Jan 05, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Savannah_Stairs Closer view

sbeme wrote:
second preferred
very nice

Scott

Thanks Scott

Jan 05, 2012 at 12:40 PM