Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · First C&C - NJ Hunting

longbob

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · First C&C - NJ Hunting

Was out at my pheasant club the other day and took this shot of a friend. What do you think? Just wanted to capture him at the end of the hunt walking through the fields. Hunting in NJ, you are bound to get power lines or homes in pretty much any photo it seems lol So I knew I would have to get rid of it when I got home.

Please let me know what you think!

Bob Long

Final:

Final w/ Barn and Dog:

Original:

Edited on Jan 02, 2012 at 12:30 AM · View previous versions

Jan 01, 2012 at 05:40 PM
astronomer

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · First C&C - NJ Hunting

Technically the adjustments you made look well done. However, I wish you had left in the dog and the red building because they provide more of a 'story' to the image.

Paul

Jan 01, 2012 at 08:16 PM
longbob

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First C&C - NJ Hunting

That is a great thought I will rework it and take a look

Jan 01, 2012 at 09:05 PM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First C&C - NJ Hunting

The idea behind the shot is a good one and adding the dog a nice addition to the storyline, but the tight horizontal crop cutting off barrel of the gun is like knowing a really good joke but not how to deliver it effectively because the "punchline" is missed.

Here the in terms of composition of the content and story line you've created a strong focal point and leading line / triangular shape in the ^ angle of the gun over the shoulder but then chopped it off arbitrarily with the bottom of the frame. A vertical crop like this showing the entire gun...

or wider horizontal crop with the hunter cropped similarly near the waist with the entire gun showing would appeal to me more than the chopped off gun crop.

The power lines in the background don't bother me here because they convey the context of the location, but I wouldn't miss them if cropped out either. I find that bit of red barn in the upper left is a distraction because it pulls my eye off the focal point away from the center of the frame.

Jan 02, 2012 at 02:46 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password