Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Twilight Time

D5100 Dude

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Twilight Time

Cropped a little bit to get rid of another goose to the left. Increased some saturation. I definately wanted the geese silhouetted against the water. I wonder if perhaps the geese are a little too centered.

Dec 28, 2011 at 05:41 AM
D5100 Dude

p.1 #2 · Twilight Time

Oh shot with D5100 Tamron 70-200 Ff2.8 70mm FL ISO 1000 1/1000th exposure.

Dec 28, 2011 at 05:43 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Twilight Time

My eye goes first to the branches of the tree on the left in the transitional tones between orange, yellow and blue. The strong and dark mass of tree shadows along the far shoreline then grab my attention, pulling off to the overhanging branches on the right. The geese get my attention last. I dont care about their location. to me they are a minor feature. I do wish, however, that they were more sharply silhouetted and defined.
I like the saturation in the sky. The blue water looks over-saturated to me. I think you would have been better off shooting less wide open. My EXIF viewer indicates f2.8. Is that correct? You might have been able to shoot closer to 5.6 carefully handheld and with greater depth of field.
I dont find the composition especially strong. While the sky and branch interplay is pretty, it is also fairly common and there are no other strong points of interest.
Hope this helps and hope we see more.
Scott

Dec 31, 2011 at 02:33 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Twilight Time

A little different crayons and a haircut.

Dec 31, 2011 at 06:31 AM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Twilight Time

I like the color contrast of water and sky. The problem I have with the geese as the focal point of this shot is that they aren't captured in a "heads-up" posture that make them look like geese. Also I'd like to see more foreground for them to stand on, something more like this....

Dec 31, 2011 at 01:06 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password