Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Carnival-Venice, Italy

CAPT777
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Carnival-Venice, Italy

I'm thinking about going to Italy in Feb. specifically for Carnival. I've been to Venice before but never during Carnival. I'd like input from someone who has shot during Carnival. I expect masses of people but what else should I be aware of about shooting then? Did you get the images that you expected? Would you go again? Will appreciate some feedback, thanks.

Dec 27, 2011 at 11:33 PM
abam
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Carnival-Venice, Italy

huge mass of people writhing against each other. unless you buy your way into VIP areas, you're going to have people's elbows up your nose. if you must go, bring an unobtrusive, wide-angle lens that won't catch on things. close-up, PJ-ish shots are pretty much what you're in for unless you can score a room overlooking one of the main piazzas or want to hang out away from any of the action. having drinks spilled on your gear and fingers on your front elements are also possibilities. that's not to say that carnival isn't fun - it's just huge and hugely-touristic now.

if i were to go again, i'd take an NEX-C3 (or 5N) + 16/2.8.

just me 2 cents. cheers, and have a blast if you do go.

Dec 30, 2011 at 08:31 PM
CAPT777
• •
p.1 #3 · Carnival-Venice, Italy

Your insight and equipment advice are appreciated, thanks.

Jan 01, 2012 at 10:23 PM
box4

p.1 #4 · Carnival-Venice, Italy

Best tip for the crowds? Get up real early (5am) and head straight to st.mark's. I guarantee many photo opportunities without anyone but the beautifully dressed models and some other eager photographers.
You will not be disappointed.

Jan 20, 2012 at 10:52 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password