Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Wapiti Camera Strap - thoughts?

Tom K.
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wapiti Camera Strap - thoughts?

Does anyone here use a Wapiti camera strap? http://www.wapitistraps.com/

I am in search of a new strap. This one looks very nice. I was wondering if there are any owners of that strap here that could discuss their experiences with it.

Thank you.

Dec 26, 2011 at 07:50 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wapiti Camera Strap - thoughts?

its a matter of your priorities and personal preference. if someone gave me one i'd use it. not one i'd consciencely search out and purchase. if i were to use one it probable would loose some its "look and feel" in a very short time. there are a few here who own one so they can fill in the details it they are anything special.

Edited on Dec 26, 2011 at 01:42 PM · View previous versions

Dec 26, 2011 at 01:38 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wapiti Camera Strap - thoughts?

I like it. It's well made and has a soft, thick leather inside surface for your neck or shoulder. On the other hand, I prefer a Domke Gripper 1" strap for the relatively light weight cameras that the Wapiti is well-suited for. I prefer Gripper 1.5" straps for the heavier stuff.

Dec 26, 2011 at 01:41 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wapiti Camera Strap - thoughts?

The 40 inch long version......I wonder what 40 inches means. Is it 40 inches from tip to tip?...or....after the camera is attached?

Dec 28, 2011 at 03:43 AM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wapiti Camera Strap - thoughts?

Tom K. wrote:
Does anyone here use a Wapiti camera strap? ... I was wondering if there are any owners of that strap here that could discuss their experiences with it.

Thank you.

I think Mike (tanglefoot47) uses them...try contacting him.

Omar

Dec 28, 2011 at 03:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wapiti Camera Strap - thoughts?

I have owned them several times over. I would buy one later selling and try something else but I am back to using again. I personally think it's one of the best, strong but not bulky, looks good but best of all the elk hide feels so nice.

They measure from end to end so you have to allow a few inches to get to the 40 you want. I got mine at 47 inches makes it much easier for me to see the lcd etcf it's the age thing lol. I know have the bugle which is adjustable but many don't like the metal rings that can and do come in contact with the lcd

Dec 28, 2011 at 03:46 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wapiti Camera Strap - thoughts?

by the way you can order it longer if you wish at no extra cost. the guy who makes these is a professional photographer in WY who takes trips into Yellowstone monthly and this is the strap he came up with trying to find a good strong and comfortable strap.

Dec 28, 2011 at 04:03 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Wapiti Camera Strap - thoughts?

tanglefoot47 wrote:
They measure from end to end so you have to allow a few inches to get to the 40 you want. I got mine at 47 inches makes it much easier for me to see the lcd etcf it's the age thing lol. I know have the bugle which is adjustable but many don't like the metal rings that can and do come in contact with the lcd

40 inches seem like a short strap. How far down does the 40 inch version hang if you wear it around your neck? I don't want the bugle. I want a perfect fitting strap like the C1. I just don't want to order the wrong size.

Maybe I should just get an upstrap. I like the idea of the Black Rapid 7 but i use a tripod often......so.....that would be a pain.

Dec 28, 2011 at 05:00 PM
david debalko
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Wapiti Camera Strap - thoughts?

I have owned the same one for a couple of years, still has the great "look and feel" - I would buy again.

Dec 28, 2011 at 05:11 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Wapiti Camera Strap - thoughts?

Tom K. wrote:
40 inches seem like a short strap. How far down does the 40 inch version hang if you wear it around your neck? I don't want the bugle. I want a perfect fitting strap like the C1. I just don't want to order the wrong size.

Maybe I should just get an upstrap. I like the idea of the Black Rapid 7 but i use a tripod often......so.....that would be a pain.

I don't know how far down a 40 in will hang I ordered a custom made 47 in and it was awesome. I think a 40 in is kind of a standard length what I did was measure my old strap and added the extra inches I needed. Doug will make a lenght perfect for you.

Dec 28, 2011 at 05:34 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password