Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Home Studio Props

gladivs

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Home Studio Props

I know this is a bit OT, but I was wondering about some props for my home studio.

I'm especially interested in what people might be doing for backgrounds/floors that would look like (or actually 'be') wood, brick and rock.

I've looked at some 8' fence pieces from Lowes, and that has some possibilities. Not sure what to do on the floor for that, though.

My space is large enough that I can fit some stuff in, but as I tell my wife, the space also doubles as a living room so I can't put anything too permanent in there.

Thanks!

ps. waiting for the kids to wake up, which is why I have time to write this today.

Edited on Dec 26, 2011 at 01:54 AM · View previous versions

Dec 25, 2011 at 03:24 PM
WiPhotoguy
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Home Studio Props

Denny Manufactoring has those type of items. They have "wood floor" made of a mouse pad like material that is easy to move as they roll up. They have canvas backgrounds that look like all differant types of bricks, etc.

Check out my website and you will see many examples.

They are not inexpensive, but are good quality

John
www.BarkRiverPhotography.com

Dec 25, 2011 at 06:43 PM
gladivs

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Home Studio Props

Thanks. They do look good, and you are correct, they are not inexpensive. What sizes have you been using?

Dec 28, 2011 at 06:34 PM
WiPhotoguy
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Home Studio Props

The floors I use are the 8 foot by 8 foot. That works for me, but occasionally I run out of floor near the edge of an image and have to photoshop it or move the model or my angle of shoot. Really depends on how you pose someone and number of ppl.

The backgounds I use are also 8 feet wide and that is oversized for most single person shooting, but just fits a single person posed horizontal. So it is about right for most of my shooting, as I normally only shoot single people.

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Robert Spencer
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Home Studio Props

Not to hijack the thread but wanted to introject that I think the photography at
barkriverphotography.com is truely outstanding. Take care. Bob

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:17 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Home Studio Props

A fence is heavy and hard to move, Why not take a photo of a fence and have it printed on a 8'x4' foam core panel .Spray with a matte finish to reduce shine. Simple and easy to move and place in storage.

Jan 05, 2012 at 04:33 PM
gladivs

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Home Studio Props

That's pretty interesting. I have to admit, when I get something printed I haven't been looking to see if they do jumbo sizes. Is there anyone you have used before to do something like this?

Jan 06, 2012 at 12:55 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password