Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · How do you carry the Wimberley WH200II

Geert Koning
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How do you carry the Wimberley WH200II

I now use a Gitzo 1325 + Markins M20 + sidekick for my Canon 500/4
I was thinking of buying a WH200II

I now can ride a bike with a Lowepro Lens Trekker 600 AWII on my back with a monopod attached to it. I use a bike because I can go places where I cannot go with the car. I wonder if that is possible with the 1325 + WH200II attached to the lenstrekker.

Does anyone have experience with hiking or biking with a lenstrekker and a tripod + WH200II attached to it?

When hiking it may better to hold the tripod in your hand, on the bike that is not so easy.

Thank you, kind regards,

Geert.

Dec 22, 2011 at 01:41 PM
bipock
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How do you carry the Wimberley WH200II

I would think it would be a little top heavier on the backpack but still doable. Lock it down so you don't knock yourself in the head. Or you could strap the mono and head to the bag individually.

Dec 22, 2011 at 04:33 PM
lou f
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How do you carry the Wimberley WH200II

Attach it to the bag upside down, keeps the heavy bit lower.

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:21 PM
garyroach
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How do you carry the Wimberley WH200II

I had the same bag that I used with a 600mm lens. I still have a 1325. But, I sold my full Wimberley head when I sold the lens. I never carried the 600 with tripod and head very far from the car due to weight. I would just put the padded legs on my shoulder and hoof it. As previously mentioned, though, what you suggest is doable, but it will be heavy and have to be securely secured. (Sorry, couldn't think of another way to say it.)

Dec 23, 2011 at 02:50 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password