Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2011 · 1DX review by TDP

EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · 1DX review by TDP

adrianb wrote:
I really don't think anybody really doubts that the 1DX will be an amazing camera...

I don't think it will be amazing for a 2012 camera. Maybe it would have been if introduced 2-3 years ago. Basically Canon will have a camera that is roughly competitive with the D4, and the D3s was years ahead already in just about everything but resolution.

EBH

Dec 29, 2011 at 05:38 AM
colinm
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · 1DX review by TDP

Perhaps, but does Canon really have to compete with yet another Nikon nobody will be able to buy? Nikon practically has failure to deliver down to a science at this point.

Dec 29, 2011 at 06:34 AM
Rav13
• •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · 1DX review by TDP

Canon will be at an event in London on the 14th Jan which I'll attend as I'm planning to move up from a 5D II to the 1Dx, I went to see a few stores of Jessops and in the bluewater one the pre-order list where you have to pay 10% of the value had a list of 8, the one up north had 11 people waiting. The manager said to me it looks like Canon will sell a lot!

I'm looking forward to this camera as it's a dream spec on paper for me, I've pre-ordered it this morning too.

If there are any questions I'll ask the canon reps in a couple of weeks?

Thanks

Dec 29, 2011 at 11:25 AM
troy12n
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · 1DX review by TDP

stebesplace wrote:
$7K officially prices me well out of the market. I mean, even $4K for the Mark IV is steep, but one could actually save up and attain this within a period of time. I can tell this will best a lot of cameras out there, but they really are shooting through the roof price wise, pun intended. Hope the MAP pricing will be in a range people can afford, for what you are really getting...

Didnt the MK4 intro at around 6k? And it dropped pretty quickly.

Dec 29, 2011 at 09:13 PM
troy12n
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · 1DX review by TDP

Chris Ventura wrote:
Far from fanboy Ralph :-) Point taken in regards to resizing images. Trust me, many lenses Canon has that I want :-) 135 F2 and 70-200 F4 being two of them. Oh, and 400mm 5.6. Nikon forgets not all of us have bags of money in the closet :-)

Oh? You dont have bags of money in the closet? Well, for you, Nikon is making a nice little pink micro 4/3 camera... enjoy!

Dec 29, 2011 at 09:14 PM
TeamSpeed
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · 1DX review by TDP

troy12n wrote:
Didnt the MK4 intro at around 6k? And it dropped pretty quickly.

No, it listed at $5K, and more than 2 years later, they are still in the $4000-4400 range used. Low supply has kept the prices up, some due to demand, some due to the Japan disasters.

Dec 29, 2011 at 09:46 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · 1DX review by TDP

EB-1 wrote:
I don't think it will be amazing for a 2012 camera. Maybe it would have been if introduced 2-3 years ago. Basically Canon will have a camera that is roughly competitive with the D4, and the D3s was years ahead already in just about everything but resolution.

EBH

I think 1D X is an amazing camera for 2012. There is no competitor. What else would you have expected? If rumors come true, Nikon will have a D4 within some weeks or month that might be roughly competitive (except two stops less "native" ISO at 2MP less resolution). Some guys from the Nikon side expect, it will be as expensive as 1D X - or maybe some 100s $ more. As far as I see, not much has changed compared to D3s - except they now offer a 3 year old consumer bodys standard in resolution now. In my opinion (YES, I am a Canon fanboy ) 3Ds was just the try of an neccesary upgrade to make Nikons 3D flaggship competitive somehow.

Fanboy Ralphie

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:34 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · 1DX review by TDP

I'm waiting to see the CPS Canada price. I think that the 1DX will nicely fill the void between my 1DsIII and 1DIV.

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:37 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · 1DX review by TDP

That would be nice for germany, too. Would mean about 5.400 - nearly 7K$.
Would be the first time it costs here about the same like in the states. :-)

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Dave_EP
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · 1DX review by TDP

Ralph Conway wrote:
I think 1D X is an amazing camera for 2012. There is no competitor. What else would you have expected? If rumors come true, Nikon will have a D4 within some weeks or month that might be roughly competitive (except two stops less "native" ISO at 2MP less resolution). Some guys from the Nikon side expect, it will be as expensive as 1D X - or maybe some 100s $ more. As far as I see, not much has changed compared to D3s - except they now offer a 3 year old consumer bodys standard in resolution now. In
...Show more

Well, Fanboy Ralphie, how would you explain the 1Dx resolution being only 18MP when that's exactly where 'consumer' resolutions are today already If you're going to have a crack at Nikon (go ahead - I have no axe to grind) at least check where Canon is first. 2MP at these resolutions is totally insignificant and not worth getting worked up about. Really

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:59 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · 1DX review by TDP

I know. That comparisment was just because of EB-1s comment,
1D X would have been great 3 years ago ...

Dec 29, 2011 at 11:09 PM
Antonio Tiki
• •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · 1DX review by TDP

colinm wrote:
Perhaps, but does Canon really have to compete with yet another Nikon nobody will be able to buy? Nikon practically has failure to deliver down to a science at this point.

I used to shoot with a photographer who use to talk like this out on the fence at races. He use to say virtually exactly the same things. Nikon is dead, they run courses in failure, no body buys Nikon because they can't afford it, they use Sony sensors, yada yada yada.

It was embarrasing having a Canon and standing near him.
You remind me plenty of him. He was such a toser.

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:12 PM
Antonio Tiki
• •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · 1DX review by TDP

I think the 1DX is going to really be the kick that Canon has been looking for.
Though I still can't bare to get rid of my 1DIIn, the 1DX certainly looks like fantastic. You never know.

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:23 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · 1DX review by TDP

It is 2012 now
I would love to see some sample images done at ISO 12k, 25k & 50k in full resolution now.

Ralph

Jan 01, 2012 at 03:03 PM
BennyR
• • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · 1DX review by TDP

Ralph Conway wrote:
It is 2012 now
I would love to see some sample images done at ISO 12k, 25k & 50k in full resolution now.

Ralph

They still haven't opened the CF card slot.

Jan 01, 2012 at 04:27 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · 1DX review by TDP

And I guess I will still not be able to purchase 1D X, when they did ...
In the past their cameras did what they where promised to do (in IQ). I trust them.

Jan 01, 2012 at 06:20 PM
anorphirith
• • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · 1DX review by TDP

"I expect, I expect, I suspect, I expect"

Jan 01, 2012 at 07:14 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end