Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Was this a spam PM?

Jaydesmom

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Was this a spam PM?

I'm curious did anyone else get the following email with links attached? I'm curious if this is a real email or a spam....I didn't click on the links and have enabled them in case they're funky ones.

Hello,

How are you? I hope all is well. My name is Ian Villaceran. I am a fellow photographer and a web designer based in Chicago. I was just wondering if you may be interested in setting up or updating your website. I have a special going on with two of my demo sites. Regular pricing is $450 but can be yours for only $300 until Dec. 31,2011.

Web links were listed here

Try it with your tablets and mobiles. Easy to showoff portfolio to your clients.

The site will be multi-platform compatible (easily converts into different platforms like tablets and mobile phones), social media ready and easy to maintain. The price includes setup and training. I will teach you how to maintain your site. Also, the special promo includes free one year domain and hosting. Please let me know your thoughts. You may email me for questions. Thank you for your time. I look forward to hear from you.

Best,
Ian Villaceran

Dec 20, 2011 at 08:09 PM
rglens
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Was this a spam PM?

Didn't get this one, but have seen some very similar. I considered it spam.

Dec 20, 2011 at 08:23 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Was this a spam PM?

This is unsolicited PM. Please let me know who sent you this PM.
Thanks,
Fred

Dec 20, 2011 at 09:31 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Was this a spam PM?

I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later, but Fred is right, it has no place here. I have no interest in being solicited by anyone. That said, I'll often visit websites members list in their profile and were I moved by what I saw I might buy a photo or product. But that happens on my initiative, not the efforts of someone trying to sell me something.

Thanks Fred, for being clear on this matter.

Dec 21, 2011 at 06:34 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password