Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2011 · For those who missed the Amazon 35L deal

bipock
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · For those who missed the Amazon 35L deal

Amazon had it from early this morning until at least 10:00. B&H matched on their website until about 11:30 as I ordered one from them.

Dec 19, 2011 at 09:29 PM
Brody LeBlanc
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · For those who missed the Amazon 35L deal

bipock wrote:
Amazon had it from early this morning until at least 10:00. B&H matched on their website until about 11:30 as I ordered one from them.

I just called about the price change.
Since it's back to $1255, they couldn't offer me the $155 difference, but I was told if it drops back down within the next 30 days and they will honor the price change with a refund of the difference!
Not bad though I'm still a little pissed to be out $155...

Dec 19, 2011 at 09:39 PM
herbertgzb
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · For those who missed the Amazon 35L deal

RobertLynn wrote:
Yeah, because there's never been a price drop or a sale before.

Ever hear of end of the year?

I can assure you that it rarely happned on the 35L. This is the lowest price one could get during the last 3 years or so.

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Brody LeBlanc
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · For those who missed the Amazon 35L deal

herbertgzb wrote:
I can assure you that it rarely happned on the 35L. This is the lowest price one could get during the last 3 years or so.

I'm pretty sure the price of a lens dropping for two or three hours on a camera super store doesn't show us much.
It definitely doesn't indicate that they're discontinuing the lens.
Even if a new one comes out, I can't imagine the 35L selling for below $1,100.

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:39 PM
robstein
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · For those who missed the Amazon 35L deal

Damn guys... the world moves fast... Never even saw it... probably just as well otherwise I would own a 35L tonight.

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · For those who missed the Amazon 35L deal

runamuck wrote:
Get a flu shot and consider it a money-saving move.

I got one.
herbertgzb wrote:

If we go by your reasoning, rather than mine...canon is replacing just about every single lens in their line up, as indicated by the recent sales on all of their lenses...including the 70-200 2.8is ii.

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:03 AM
vachss
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · For those who missed the Amazon 35L deal

Interesting to note that as of this week the Canon refurb store doesn't even list the 35L any more. Not out of stock, just completely removed from the list. Make of that what you will...

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:12 AM
McDermott
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · For those who missed the Amazon 35L deal

How is this 35L compared to the Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Autofocus Lens?

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:12 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · For those who missed the Amazon 35L deal

McDermott wrote:
How is this 35L compared to the Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Autofocus Lens?

They are comparable. Very similar....just different focal legths obviously. The 24 version 2 is a more modern design. I am pretty sure a 35 L II will be coming out very soon. It will have the same build as the 24 II.

Dec 20, 2011 at 03:03 AM
bipock
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · For those who missed the Amazon 35L deal

Brody LeBlanc wrote:
I just called about the price change.
Since it's back to $1255, they couldn't offer me the $155 difference, but I was told if it drops back down within the next 30 days and they will honor the price change with a refund of the difference!
Not bad though I'm still a little pissed to be out $155...

I had a slightly different situation which in this case played in my favor. I bought one and had to return it due to focusing issues. The price had increased in the 4 days I had it from the 1255 to 1379, or so the rep said. So, rather than price adjust the replacement, his bright idea was to send me a grey market one, and in his defense, it worked because I never noticed it. Well, when they opened at 900am, I was waiting on live chat to ask about the price match. It was denied - wouldn't tell me why but he did ask if I had ordered a grey market lens.

I thought this was a funny question to ask so after it bugged me for about 2 hours, I called back. New CS rep said yes, they sent a grey market lens and I almost went ape-sh*t on him. Needless to say, he immediately issued a RMA for the old one at 1255 and I bought the USA version at the then current price of 1099.

Still a little sour on them sending me a grey market lens when they knew I had ordered the USA version. And I really think it was done deliberately in hopes that I wouldn't catch it. They got me this time and I didn't catch it, but it won't happen again.

Dec 20, 2011 at 03:42 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password