Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Schneider 90 TS

10box

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Schneider 90 TS

I'm in need of a TS for a Canon. Any input on the Schneider vs the Canon 90 besides the cost difference?

Dec 18, 2011 at 07:00 PM
Mike K
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Schneider 90 TS

Literature from Schneider
http://www.schneideroptics.com/pdfs/photo/PC-TS%20Anleitung%201-12%20en.PDF

A paid subscription to this lens review
http://diglloyd.com/blog/2011/20111028_2-SchneiderTS.html

Dec 18, 2011 at 09:18 PM
Roland W
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Schneider 90 TS

The Schneider lenses that have built in Canon EOS mounts do not have electronic aperture control, and so you must set the shooting aperture for every shot using the mechanical preset ring on the lens. It has been over 40 years since I had to stop down before shooting, so I am sure I would never adapt well to that shooting workflow. The whole concept of a DSLR is you can see and focus at full aperture and then shoot. I guess with live view you may be able to frame some shots OK while stopped down, but judging and getting critical foucs really requires a wide open lens.

I know the Schneider prices were also quite high, but do not remember specifics. It would be great if someone would post the approximate prices for the Canon and the Schneider version of the 90mm tilt shift lenses.

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Schneider 90 TS

The 90 TSE enjoys an enviable reputation as one of Canon's sharpest lenses with great color reproduction. It shoots close-up into the macro range, as well as the electronic aperture mentioned by Roland. The design is unchanged from the mid-90s -- that says something positive.

It is perennially on my wish list.

Dec 19, 2011 at 12:08 AM
markd61
• •
p.1 #5 · Schneider 90 TS

What Gunzorro said.

Dec 20, 2011 at 04:51 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password