Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Domke F2 too small

jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Domke F2 too small

I'm using

1. Canon 5d mk ii
  2. 70-200 F4L
  3. 24-105 F4L
  4. 100mm 2.8 Macro
  5. 580 EX Speedlite
  6. Lenshoods
  7. Remote
  8. Wireless flash triggers
  9. Macro Bracket

I could probably stuff all that into my F2 but it would be very inconvenient. Looking at the F-7 and F-1X it looks like there would be room for my stuff but what else is out there in the ~$200 range that might be even better? (Waterproof would be nice...)

Dec 17, 2011 at 03:50 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Domke F2 too small

what i use in my other life. it's going on 20 yrs now of use

http://jjh.pbase.com/g1/89/44489/2/105384775.BYbxcayA.jpg

its more water resistant then i thought it would be. it has a back flat pocket that i had a 1 pint bottle of water in. it emptied itself into thr pocket and never drained out. all gear on the other side of the wall was dry. just poured it out and continued on afer getting another bottle. hoods go in the end pockets

fashionable as it is i don't do canvas. in fact i replaced the canvas straps on this bag w/nylon straps and clips.

Dec 17, 2011 at 04:43 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Domke F2 too small

where do you put lens hoods? End pocket? I suppose I could spray the F2 with canvas waterproofer...

Dec 17, 2011 at 05:06 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Domke F2 too small

yes the end pockets. i pulled out the padded inserts and thers tons of room. as to the canvas waterproofing its limited in its usablity time

Dec 17, 2011 at 05:25 PM
cphoniball
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Domke F2 too small

That will all easily fit in a F2. I fit the following in mine:

(all lenses have their hoods on and reversed)
5DII w/ 35L attached
1d3, no lens attached
85 1.8
135 f/2
Blackrapid double strap
triggers, business cards, memory card holder, batteries, etc.

Depending on the shoot I can usually fit at least a flash or another lens in the bag, and maybe two if I do some finagling.

Dec 18, 2011 at 08:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Domke F2 too small

Everything fits great except the hoods.

Dec 18, 2011 at 03:02 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Domke F2 too small

and they never will unless you are willing to give up considerably more slot space or a larger bag. that in itself is problematic. as we know it is extremely difficult to cram 10 pounds of s#$% in a 5 pound bag.

Dec 18, 2011 at 05:52 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Domke F2 too small

so what do folks do? with their hoods with this bag? You mentioned putting them in the end pocket. Is that the best solution?

Dec 18, 2011 at 05:57 PM
Matt Drown
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Domke F2 too small

In my F2, I have:
5dmk2 w/ 24-105 hood inverted in non padded section of main bag.
80-200 2.8L without hood in one of the padded insert sections.
17-40 4L without hood in one of the insert sections.
15 fisheye in a third, with the 80-200 hood on top of it.
in the fourth insert section, I have an extra battery, microfiber rag, and the 80-200 hood.
front pockets have extra CF cards, and lenspen.
This leaves the to two unpadded end pockets for a 550ex flash, and sunglasses, or wallet, or spare crap.

This is all pretty comfortable actually, the only other modification, is I attache a timbuk2 strap pad onto the shoulder strap. This works wonderfully.

My F2 didn't come with padded end inserts, and the primary insert is different than the one above, that looks like it's from the F6 bag.

Dec 19, 2011 at 02:15 AM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Domke F2 too small

The Think Tank Urban Disguise 60 or 70 will easily fit what you have, including lens hoods attached in reverse. I alternate between my Think Tank and Domke bags, with the primary deciding factor being whether I need to get into my bag more while it's on my shoulder (Think Tank) or simply resting on the floor (Domke). The Domke has a wider footprint making it more stable on the floor, while the Think Tank is deeper, making it easier to store cameras with or without lenses attached.

Dec 25, 2011 at 08:28 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password