Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2011 · Sigma 120-300 OS w/Canon 1.4x ii

Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Sigma 120-300 OS w/Canon 1.4x ii

Imagemaster wrote:
Has Sigma figured out yet that they should put focus-limiters on their telephoto lenses

+1

That's a crazy oversight IMO.

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:23 PM
harbour photog

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · Sigma 120-300 OS w/Canon 1.4x ii

I am sure the Canon focus's a bit faster and more so with the TC.. but it is should do for the extra and loss of versitility. I was a bit worried when I started playing with the Canon as I had a sinking feeling that maybe I would end up wishing I had gone for the Canon but after reviewing the results from the Canon I am even more satisfied with the Sigma.

I have a nice collection of L glass but for me, the Sigma is a great addition.

Dec 12, 2011 at 03:51 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · Sigma 120-300 OS w/Canon 1.4x ii

harbour photog wrote:
I am sure the Canon focus's a bit faster and more so with the TC.. but it is should do for the extra and loss of versitility.

But the Canon will give you better results with a 1.4x TC and/or 2x TC, so it is pretty versatile if you are shooting at 300mm or more most of the time.

Dec 12, 2011 at 04:19 AM
harbour photog

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · Sigma 120-300 OS w/Canon 1.4x ii

I am not looking to make any cash from my tele work, it is purely for enjoyment and for me using a zoom makes it a lot more fun.. I plan on taking in a lot of motorsport next year and the zoom for me will make it less hassle and will save me having missed photos from not being able to zoom out.

I had the Canon 300mm f4 before and really did not find it as much fun, ended up carrying 2 bodies and missing shots.

For me I would much rather have the Sigma but if you need every ounce of IQ and have time to change lenses/TC's oh.. and an extra 2000ish then the Canon is great.

Dec 12, 2011 at 04:27 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password