Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX shipping issue!

Sharona
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX shipping issue!

I just tracked a lens that I sold here on B&S - it's being shipped to Hawaii. However, tracking info tells me that it has been held in California, and is being "returned to shipper." When I talked to Fed Ex, they said that it was inspected and not "air shipping compatible" or something along those lines.

Has anyone experienced this before? The woman asked me if the package contained something hazardous and I said NO! It's a camera lens! These are air mailed all the time! I am fuming and now I have to PM my buyer. I sure hope Fed Ex will get this sorted. They are not open on Sat., and they say they will call me Monday. What a crock.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Edited on Dec 15, 2011 at 05:06 PM · View previous versions

Dec 10, 2011 at 04:25 PM
colinpeddle
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX shipping issue!

Did they ask to see inside the box when you were shipping it? THey usually won't insure it unless they look inside to confirm it's packed to their standards.

ALSO, it's possible it got damaged in shipping up to California and they decided just to return it to you then have you deal with the issue once it arrives at it's destination.

I'll be interested to know the upshot to this. Please follow up.

Dec 10, 2011 at 06:44 PM
vilimo
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX shipping issue!

^^

This is the most likely scenario - packaging got damaged during shippment to CA.

Dec 10, 2011 at 07:55 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX shipping issue!

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1067844

Dec 10, 2011 at 08:00 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX shipping issue!

Boy I hope you guys are wrong about it being damaged. I will certainly post an update. Thanks.

Dec 10, 2011 at 08:01 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX shipping issue!

UPDATE: ORMD is on the box somewhere. This is a hazardous materials code of some kind.... Don't ask me where on the box! They insist that they must return it to me and I must repackage and reship it. It LOOKS like Fed ex will refund me the shipping, given that I wasn't told at the time of shipping that the box was problematic. We shall see if that happens. I will let you know. Cheers....

Dec 12, 2011 at 09:03 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX shipping issue!

"ORM-D is a marking for mail or shipping in the United States that identifies other regulated materials for domestic transport only. Packages bearing this mark contain hazardous material in a limited quantity that presents a limited hazard during transportation, due to its form, quantity, and packaging."
per Wikpedia

Dec 12, 2011 at 09:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX shipping issue!

ORM-D is the marking for small arms ammunition. Perhaps other ordinance or explosives, I don't know.

Dec 12, 2011 at 11:41 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX shipping issue!

You guys beat me to it. The box was obtained from a hospital and it had contained medications.

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:41 AM
donsj3cub
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX shipping issue!

I thought it meant Oral Medications type D

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:52 AM
sky_barker
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX shipping issue!

Priority Mail is the best way to ship to HI.

Dec 14, 2011 at 01:19 AM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX shipping issue!

Because so many people commenting here I thought I'd let you know the outcome. First, I can only say positive things about this experience. Fed Ex representatives were accommodating and understanding throughout the process. I had one woman in Pittsburgh or someplace like that tracking my package back to me and said she'd call and let me know when it arrived back so that I could claim it, etc. Well, she did one better. I just got a call from her and she said that the Fed Ex guys here went ahead and reboxed it for me, and that they are shipping it back out to Hawaii overnight or 2-day, whatever they needed to do to get it out there as quickly as possible. I emphasized what was in the package, that it was fragile and to make sure that they knew it when they reboxed it. I have her assurances that she will remind them.

So - it was stressful, but I can't fault Fed-Ex one bit. Just thought I'd relay a good experience.

Cheers all!

Dec 15, 2011 at 05:06 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX shipping issue!

Glad it all worked out and that at least 1 company "went outside the 9 dots" for customer service and satisfaction.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Dan

Dec 15, 2011 at 07:38 PM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX shipping issue!

Oh cool, Sharona, I am so happy to hear this worked out!

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:55 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password