Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2011 · Wireless E-TTL Flash Trigger for Canon - What are my opti...

timbop
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Wireless E-TTL Flash Trigger for Canon - What are my options?

It requires a $15 adapter, or you can do what I did and get flash zebra replacement feet for the original 580 that have a 1/8" jack in them.

Dec 12, 2011 at 03:07 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · Wireless E-TTL Flash Trigger for Canon - What are my options?

timbop wrote:
It requires a $15 adapter, or you can do what I did and get flash zebra replacement feet for the original 580 that have a 1/8" jack in them.

gtfo of here?

I'd so buy a few of them, pc sync cords are dumb.

Dec 12, 2011 at 03:15 AM
omarlyn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · Wireless E-TTL Flash Trigger for Canon - What are my options?

timbop wrote:

RobertLynn wrote:
gtfo of here?

I'd so buy a few of them, pc sync cords are dumb.

WRONG! That 'generic' crap is CRAP! Sure it might work most of the time (more or less) but when you are doing critical paid work and shooting thousands of images at every event then you need 100% reliability…NOT 95%, or 98%, or even 99%! Paul Buff CyberSyncs (and even the old PW Plus II's) are the bomb diggity for 100% reliability EVERY time…even with a "dumb" PC cord!

Omar

Dec 12, 2011 at 03:36 AM
akivisuals
• • •
p.2 #4 · Wireless E-TTL Flash Trigger for Canon - What are my options?

I've used the YongNuo triggers for a few years and they fire, all the time. I've had PW's, PW TT's, and RadioPoppers. The Yongnuo triggers are pretty cheap but they aren't crap. I use them over my PW's because they are MORE reliable. How's that?

BTW Jaz, my receivers have a 1/4-20 threaded hole in the bottom of the foot.

Dec 12, 2011 at 03:44 AM
dtaylor52

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · Wireless E-TTL Flash Trigger for Canon - What are my options?

Found these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330534786148?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Dec 12, 2011 at 03:46 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · Wireless E-TTL Flash Trigger for Canon - What are my options?

omarlyn wrote:
WRONG! That 'generic' crap is CRAP! Sure it might work most of the time (more or less) but when you are doing critical paid work and shooting thousands of images at every event then you need 100% reliability…NOT 95%, or 98%, or even 99%! Paul Buff CyberSyncs (and even the old PW Plus II's) are the bomb diggity for 100% reliability EVERY time…even with a "dumb" PC cord!

Omar

I wasn't saying anything negative about the cybersyncs (I own and use them). I was saying pc sync cable (the end specifically that goes into a 580EXII) is dumb. They are always breaking, and not exactly tight. They are horribly expensive in comparison to 1/8" cables.

The 1/8" cables (the same end that plugs into the cybersync) are the ticket...much more reliable.

So I'm not saying use yungnuo or whatever, or flash butt-hole triggers.

I'm saying specifcally, I dislike the pc-sync end, and wish that the 580EXII had a 1/8" jack.

Even from PCBuff, the PC syncs are $2 more a cable.
http://www.paulcbuff.com/scabr.php

http://www.paulcbuff.com/cssc.php

Yeah, it's only 2 bucks, but when you buy 10 at a time, because you can't count on a pc sync cable working long term. And on top of that, you can buy 1/8" to 1/8" at your local radio shack...so if you're in a pinch, you're not like, 'omfg wtf bbq attak do I do!".

Dec 12, 2011 at 03:50 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.2 #7 · Wireless E-TTL Flash Trigger for Canon - What are my options?

those ebay (bishop) ones don't do ettl.

AKI, it looks like it's the 603 that doesn't have the 1/4 hole.

Dec 12, 2011 at 04:02 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · Wireless E-TTL Flash Trigger for Canon - What are my options?

dtaylor52 wrote:
Found these: [Pixel Bishop].

jzucker wrote:
those ebay (bishop) ones don't do ettl.

Yeah, it's very misleading. They call them ETTL triggers, but they only pass the ETTL info through to the hot shoe on the transmitter; they don't transmit ETTL info to the remotes.

I'm not sure if it's Pixel or the Ebay seller (Or are they the same?) that calls them "ETTL Triggers" at that site, but for any who are interested here's a review of the Pixel Bishop from a Strobist:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/strobist/discuss/72157625667234479/

Dec 12, 2011 at 04:10 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.2 #9 · Wireless E-TTL Flash Trigger for Canon - What are my options?

A ordered the set of 602's that avi recommended.

Dec 12, 2011 at 04:25 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password