Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2011 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

ZoneV_Nikon wrote:
You'd be surprised how many pros do it this way. It's all about what is most functional and comfortable for the individual.

see, "Left eye, right hand, or what?" 2008 Archive https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/632749/1

Dec 13, 2011 at 09:38 AM
RDKirk
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

I leave 'em on. For me, it is too much trouble to take glasses off and put them back on every time I'm making a shot. I do sometimes slide them down on my nose when using live view - hard to focus on the close stuff sometimes!

Yeah. I'm extremely nearsighted--my natural focus point is about six inches before my eyes. Great for Live View, so I look over the top of my glasses for that (back in my film days, I didn't use a loupe).

By the same token, I can't see beyond six inches with glasses off so they are always on. I don't have any real problem with it. For a number of years I used contact lenses, but frankly my vision is more critically acute with glasses.

Now that I'm presbyopic in addition to being myopic, that's more true than ever: Bifocal contacts are not for people who want to see well, they're for people who want to look good.

For straps I prefer the Domke Gripper (1-inch model). I do not like a bouncy strap at all, nor do I like a lot of bulk. I can wrap the Domke around my wrist. It's soft and absorbent. The twist-free metal turnbuckles are secure and don't require me to pay attention to the orientation of the strap when I clip it on.

Dec 13, 2011 at 06:10 PM
jstephens62
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

I just got one of the Hoodman flip-up glasses. Only been out in the field twice with them, but so far I think it will work well for me.

http://www.hoodmanusa.com/products.asp?dept=1067

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:24 AM
dsr1
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

I wear mine while shooting. I just pull them down on my nose and look over them through the view finder. When I need them for changing settings or checking DOF I just pull them back up into place.

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:43 AM
photosenior
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

Has anyone tried these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-product-Hand-Grip-Strap-Nikon-D40-D40X-D50-D60-D70-D70S-D80-/160698541805?pt=US_Camera_Straps_Hand_Grips&hash=item256a6126ed#ht_2635wt_952

Dec 15, 2011 at 02:14 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.