Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2011 · Canon mount Sigma 14/3.5

Snopchenko
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon mount Sigma 14/3.5

dbyers wrote:
Ian, testing today confirmed your thoughts regarding the 40D and XS. I honestly didn't expect the lens to function properly paired with either body but I wasn't going to take it as fact without doing my research. The good news is the lens functioned flawlessly on a 1D MKII which means it should have decent resale value as there are still quite a few of those bodies in service.

Interesting, that seems to contradict older "common wisdom" regarding those very old Sigmas - must take note!

Dec 10, 2011 at 06:47 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon mount Sigma 14/3.5

dbyers wrote:
Ian, testing today confirmed your thoughts regarding the 40D and XS. I honestly didn't expect the lens to function properly paired with either body but I wasn't going to take it as fact without doing my research. The good news is the lens functioned flawlessly on a 1D MKII which means it should have decent resale value as there are still quite a few of those bodies in service.

Well that's a bit of a surprise. 1d2 should not work with it. So at least it works with something.

Dec 10, 2011 at 08:10 AM
dbyers
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon mount Sigma 14/3.5

Well, I was afraid it was too good to be true so I tried the lens on another MK II and sure enough got the error message on all setting other than wide open. Needless to say I'm disappointed but what's a guy to do. Hopefully I can find a buyer with a classic 1D.

Ian, I bow to your knowledge of all things vintage Sigma.

Dec 13, 2011 at 11:40 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password